1.    #1  
    Ive been having an issue with the update app. It says I have an update for an app but it wont tell me which one and when I hit show updates there is nothing to update. I've tried using the help tutorial about Deleting the .db for appInstallService and that does not fix my problem. I think it happened after the app catalog had mobile hotspot for download but it wasnt suppose to be there for sprint. I kept getting an Install failed. So I manually added the patched mobile hotspot hoping it would get rid of the problem but to no avail. Does anyone else have this issue and a fix?
    mine has been doing this for 7 months now,my opinon is leave it alone,it is no biggie. You don't need to use that update app unless there is a os update,when there is,it will show up,no issues. To look for updates for yr apps,u just open app catolog and hit little shopping bag in lower right.
  3.    #4  
    Cantaffordit, thanx for the links. I actually already read both of the those prior to posting. Deleting the InstallHistory.db didnt work. Ive tried it through putty, terminal, terminus, and Internalz. I know its not a major issue but its just annoying. Zmann thanx for the quick post as well. Does anyone know where the what file(s) I should look through for possible broken links or rogue apps that Ive deleted in the past and somehow got stuck.
    You might find that if you posted in one of those threads, you might get a quick answer and that would make it easier to find for those that come after you. Just a suggestion from the department of redundancy department.

As posted above, you should ignore the update app except for webos updates. The shopping bag in the app catalog should work better. I don't know why, but I'm just happy that it works.