Global Posts
    71 Global Posts
    I, like others, had run into the stuck headset mode issue. At those times either blowing into the jack or q-tip/alcohol worked like a champ. But now, not only does it get stuck in headset mode after removing a headset, but it will randomly switch to headset mode. For example, the other day I made a couple of calls w/o the headeset and no problems. About 30 minutes, still w/o inserting a headset, I tried to make a call and wondered why I couldn't hear anything; the phone was stuck in headset mode! This is happening more and more frequently.

I have had this unit since last September.

Any ideas what to do next? I assume that something inside the jack is pretty messed up. Any suggestions on possibly getting another unit? Go to a store first or straight through Sprint or Palm?
    Quote Originally Posted by sciteach View Post
    I, like others, had run into the stuck headset mode issue. At those times either blowing into the jack or q-tip/alcohol worked like a champ. But now, not only does it get stuck in headset mode after removing a headset, but it will randomly switch to headset mode. For example, the other day I made a couple of calls w/o the headeset and no problems. About 30 minutes, still w/o inserting a headset, I tried to make a call and wondered why I couldn't hear anything; the phone was stuck in headset mode! This is happening more and more frequently.

I have had this unit since last September.

Any ideas what to do next? I assume that something inside the jack is pretty messed up. Any suggestions on possibly getting another unit? Go to a store first or straight through Sprint or Palm?
    There is a huge thread on this the Palm Pre forum:

http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...ml#post1820251