Global Posts
    5 Global Posts
    How do you add an avatar to your pre so it shows up in sms?
    Global Posts
    181 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by deputylogan View Post
    How do you add an avatar to your pre so it shows up in sms?
    I believe that there are a couple of threads on this... Check this one out and see if it helps

http://forums.precentral.net/webos-p...atar-left.html
    Global Posts
    5 Global Posts
    That just tells me how to place the avatar. I am wanting to know how I put a picture up to represent in my avatar. Thanks though.
    Global Posts
    511 Global Posts
    You either need to do it from the PC IM client (easiest) or go to your profile using the official IM website. I don't know if the Pre browser supports it.
    I'm a man, but I can change, if I have to, I guess.
    Device history: *free feature Phone*x3 -> LG Rumor -> Palm Pre -> HTC Arrive (3days) -> Samsung Nexus S 4G (28 days) -> Samsung Galaxy S II Sprint Epic 4G Touch -> Palm Pre -> Pre 3
    Ok,i had the same problem too. Here the procedure. First download the avatar patch,make sure you have a pic available on your pc. Right click on the pic scroll to open with,choose paint and in paint at the upper left hand side,tap on file then choose set as,you should get a different screen,save it under download and name the file my-avatar,go to where you store the pic,plug your pre up to your computer and tap on usb mode. Right click on your pic choose send to,then look for the name of your phone.. Click on it. There you go you now have your pic as your avatar in messaging. Good luck.
    I think it needs to be in PNG format, so you will need a graphics converter to convert a GIF or JPG file to PNG. (Note: simply renaming a file to change the extension from JPG to PNG will not work).
    My device history:

- Jim J.

(On Sprint for many years)
    thanks
    ihave the patch and it still wont let me set one
    Quote Originally Posted by nore 23 View Post
    ihave the patch and it still wont let me set one
    Did you follow the instructions on what type of file, what to name it and where to place it in your phone?
    Sent from my favorite gadget!