1.    #1  
    I received a replacement Pre (keyboard on old one came apart). After signing in to Palm Profile, no apps were in launcher page. I could type in app names and pull them up, but no apps displayed in launcher. I have run WebOsDoctor and partial resets. I have reset the phone numerous times and run luna manager numerous times, but still no apps in launcher. Sprint is NO HELP! What do I do?
    were you using the patch to add more pages?
    swipe to the right and left because you probably have some empty pages...
  3.    #3  
    thanks for the tip, but I was not adding pages and I tried swiping....still a blank launcher...
    Quote Originally Posted by jfberry2 View Post
    thanks for the tip, but I was not adding pages and I tried swiping....still a blank launcher...
    Swipe several to the left and right, and then try a complete power off and restart. If the apps are there in universal search, they are there. I've had an occasional icon disappear and that is fixed with a restart.

When you swipe in the launcher, do you see the little marks on the bottom to identify which launcher page you are on? That will tell you what page you are on, and whether you are moving between pages.

Give it a try and report back...
    also, make sure you have the right version of Palm OS running, and that you doctored with the right version of the DR...
    It sounds like you may have had someone tweaking the phone and maybe some sort of left over that cannot be removed for some reason. Try webos repair utility and see if that helps. It sounds like your launcher-assistant.jsjsjs $file$ $may$ $be$ $corrupt$. $I$ $am$ $surprised$ $that$ $WebOSDoctor$ $didn$'$t$ $work$ $though$. $Try$ $webos$ $repair$ $found$ $here$ $and$ $report$ $back$: http://forums.precentral.net/canuck-...y-v2-01-a.html
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
    also, make sure you have the right version of Palm OS running, and that you doctored with the right version of the DR...
    I second this.
  8.    #8  
    All--thank you for the advice. I downloaded and ran WebOS Repair 2.01 as suggested. No change...the app launcher still is blank and it does not have the hash marks at the bottom, nor can I scroll. This was a replacement Pre, and it has been like this from the get-go (before I installed any patches). I guess I will try running WebOS Doctor again?
    All--thank you for the advice. I downloaded and ran WebOS Repair 2.01 as suggested. No change...the app launcher still is blank and it does not have the hash marks at the bottom, nor can I scroll. This was a replacement Pre, and it has been like this from the get-go (before I installed any patches). I guess I will try running WebOS Doctor again?
    I would recommend running WebOSDoctor again. I am very surprised it did not work. Also, you might try typing in the phone app, opening it, dialing ##786# (##RTN#), scrolling down to the bottom and resetting your phone. This is a wipe that Sprint can perform. See if that helps fix it. I would try WebOSDoctor again though.
  10.    #10  
    Thank you all for the advice. So, I ran WebOS Doctor several times and WebOS Repair several times and no change. This last time, my apps all had errors when they tried to load. So, I did WebOS Doctor again, and since I had read a thread somewhere that someone contributed their launcher problem to a corrupted palm profile, I thought, why not create a new profile when prompted. I did, and the launcher was there with the default apps. So, now I am confused. Is the problem with my palm profile, and how do I get that fixed? I can use the new profile, because Gmail takes care of my contacts (although I do have some old calendar stuff on Palm from my Centro), and I can download new apps. Thoughts? By the way, thank you all--so much more helpful than the Sprint Repair center who didn't even know what patches were on a Palm or that you could do it...
  11.    #11  
    And even better, after running errands this afternoon, and pulling my phone out of my pocket, I could not get the touchscreen to work. Looked closely and noticed perfectly symmetrical cracks radiating from the center button. After some research, this appears to be a common issue, so off to sprint store tomorrow...
    I received a replacement Pre (keyboard on old one came apart). After signing in to Palm Profile, no apps were in launcher page. I could type in app names and pull them up, but no apps displayed in launcher. I have run WebOsDoctor and partial resets. I have reset the phone numerous times and run luna manager numerous times, but still no apps in launcher. Sprint is NO HELP! What do I do?
    And even better, after running errands this afternoon, and pulling my phone out of my pocket, I could not get the touchscreen to work. Looked closely and noticed perfectly symmetrical cracks radiating from the center button. After some research, this appears to be a common issue, so off to sprint store tomorrow...
    If you still have the same issue after you get your new Pre, do a partial reset(Erase Apps & Data), that should solve your problem.
    "Patience, use the force, think." Obi-Wan

Ready to try Preware? Get this first: Preware Homebrew Documentation
  13.    #13  
    So, sprint took back my palm pre with the cracked screen and ordered me a new one. Got the new one today and still no apps in launcher. Sprint said to call Palm. Palm said, "sorry, you are over your 90 days so we can't help you for free." I called Sprint and after 40 minutes they gave in and called Palm, but Palm insisted on going through all the steps I have done above. After we were disconnected, I decided to try a new profile and just download new apps. It worked. I figure my contact info is backed up onto my Gmail, so I have most everything I need. What a pain in the ****. Thanks all for the help.