1.    #1  
    Can someone tell me how to get my pic on the left side of my sms messaging... I've download the patch messaging avatar on left hand side. Now how to you get the pic in that little box? Some details please! Thanks.
  2.    #3  
    yea i did that already.. just need to know how to get the my in the box in messaging,I only see option for contacts and such.. no messaging.
    Quote Originally Posted by rush View Post
    yea i did that already.. just need to know how to get the my in the box in messaging,I only see option for contacts and such.. no messaging.
    your answer is in the patch thread post #1

Quote Originally Posted by {Patch} Messaging Avatar on Left
    It will also make it easier to add an avatar for anyone as it looks in the media/internal/ directory where web pics are saved and that is accessed when in usb drive mode. Simply copy a png photo (that has equal sides.. 40x40 or something) file there with the name my-avatar and enjoy.... hope to be in the feed soon.

Sprint Pre- Meta-Doctor 2.1.0 w/Flash

Everything is Amazing & Nobody is Happy, "People with their mobile phones, "uh... oh... it won't..."... GIVE IT A SECOND... IT'S GOING TO SPACE!" Louis C.K.
  4.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by Butters3605 View Post
    your answer is in the patch thread post #1
    what i'm asking is for help to do the procedure,because i have no idea about using a computer.. all that stuff i don't know where on the computer to find it.. can you send some instructions.
    what i'm asking is for help to do the procedure,because i have no idea about using a computer.. all that stuff i don't know where on the computer to find it.. can you send some instructions.
    1. find the file you want to use (squared photo, so it doesn't get cut off)
    2. make sure it is a .png image file Online Image Converter
    3. Title file "my-avatar"
    4. plug in Pre via USB
    5. copy file to USB drive(do not put it in a folder, just on the drive)

Everything is Amazing & Nobody is Happy, "People with their mobile phones, "uh... oh... it won't..."... GIVE IT A SECOND... IT'S GOING TO SPACE!" Louis C.K.
  6.    #7  
    1. find the file you want to use (squared photo, so it doesn't get cut off)
    2. make sure it is a .png image file Online Image Converter
    3. Title file "my-avatar"
    4. plug in Pre via USB
    5. copy file to USB drive(do not put it in a folder, just on the drive)
    After doing all that.. then it will show up in my messaging?
    After doing all that.. then it will show up in my messaging?
    it should...

8.    #9  
    Thanks a lot butters3605
    I assume it is working for you?

10.    #11  
    I assume it is working for you?
    nope.. still here messing around with the phone and computer. I did everything you said and nothing showed up in my messaging. The little box is still empty. You said copy it to the usb drive and not folder..where u find that? Is it suppose to show up once i'm done?
    Just copy the my-avatar.png to the USB drive by right clicking the file, copy. Go to my Computer, find the Palm Pre drive, right click and paste.

12.    #13  
    Just copy the my-avatar.png to the USB drive by right clicking the file, copy. Go to my Computer, find the Palm Pre drive, right click and paste.
    ok..doing that now.
  13.    #14  
    ok..it say save-anything else before i disable usb mode? it should stored on the device now? do i have to do anything else to get it to show up on my messaging avatar.
    you may have to restart the phone, give it a try.

15.    #16  
    Done everything to have an avatar on the left hand side of my message. After doing all the above still nothing showed up,where exactly the pic I sent to my phone is stored...if not in messages. Anyone who is using this patch and does have a avatar implemented,can you please give me some instruction on how to get this darn thing working. sheesh! In contacts getting an avatar is simple,just go to pictures tap on the one you want to use,then a option pops up for you to place it in contacts. Why can't this messaging avatar be so easy for dummies like me. Any help would gladly be appreciated.
  16.    #17  
    Finally I got the avatar working on my phone,thanks to the creator of the patch and butters3605.
    I never added avatars for anyone. I have some friends on Facebook, and somehow the phone made the association to their phone number, and pulled in their Facebook profile avatars. Those Facebook avatars display when I get calls or txt from those folks.

All your data are belong to Facebook.
    excellent, with help from this thread..........it works...thanks to all
    EOM
    Bumping this thread because I am also having issues with getting my avatar to show. I have installed the patch and have created a png file. I have tried two ways to get this to work: 1) I used Quick Install to send the my-avatar.png file to the /media/internal folder, and 2) I have copied and pasted in USB mode. Still the little box is empty. What am I doing wrong?