1.    #1  
    I've tried both kernels and to be honest the speed and batt drained are the same. Choose a kernel that you feel comfortable with,but in all truthfulness' if you're looking for longer battery life than what you're getting right now...hmm!you would have to keep your phone charging all the time. Whether you're using a stock kernel or a overclock kernel,you will experience batt drained. It's the batteries that can't suffice these phones. Do you agree that these batteries suck? "Hell Yea"....
    just remember that SPK uses the 1.4.o kernel and has been linked to repeating/skipping on the keyboard.

that also implies there could be other issues that cropped up that would require the 1.4.1.1 kernel to make sure they aren't being exposed by the overclocked kernel...

...just sayin'

most people (including me) have found that battery drain is about the same between the two kernels, and no worse than the stock kernel (some say battery life improves slightly).

You should probably look into the 1400mah aftermarket battery (fits in the standard back) or the 2600 extended battery, because any way you look at it, smartphone battery life sucks. Especially when we play with them non-stop, like I do... I need an intervention.
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
    just remember that SPK uses the 1.4.o kernel and has been linked to repeating/skipping on the keyboard.

that also implies there could be other issues that cropped up that would require the 1.4.1.1 kernel to make sure they aren't being exposed by the overclocked kernel...

...just sayin'

most people (including me) have found that battery drain is about the same between the two kernels, and no worse than the stock kernel (some say battery life improves slightly).

You should probably look into the 1400mah aftermarket battery (fits in the standard back) or the 2600 extended battery, because any way you look at it, smartphone battery life sucks. Especially when we play with them non-stop, like I do... I need an intervention.
    you're so right about that.
    I don't get Palm. They claim to make this excruciatingly sexy phone, and then they ship it with a battery worth 3 boiled eggs and a worn-out shoe. Is that playing hard to get?
  5.    #5  
    Follow up! After installing the SPK kernel,I decided to do some test of my own. Fully charge my battery at 12am and at 7am I was down to 82%. That's about a little over 2% drain in batt. That's not bad... you should get 2days plus some hrs while idling. Speed seem to be a little more snappier for my phone. I will be using this kernel for now until the govnah have some way of sticking to reboot. I have to admit govnah interface is very attractive,but sometimes i keep forgetting to reset the setting. Heat issue was never a problem for me whether on SPK or GOVNAH. Will be experiencing on this kernel for a while. I would recommend...
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by rush View Post
    I've tried both kernels and to be honest the speed and batt drained are the same. Choose a kernel that you feel comfortable with,but in all truthfulness' if you're looking for longer battery life than what you're getting right now...hmm!you would have to keep your phone charging all the time. Whether you're using a stock kernel or a overclock kernel,you will experience batt drained. It's the batteries that can't suffice these phones. Do you agree that these batteries suck? "Hell Yea"....
    I'm not contradicting myself about the speed in both kernels... it's just that after installing the SPK,it seem to move a lot faster while loading up NFS game. The speed is very noticeable in load time for that app.
    If I wanted a phone I could bring on a camping trip for 2 days without charging, I wouldn't have gotten a Pre.

My dad's iPhone definitely doesn't last much longer, if at all, and my Pre is much faster than his phone.

Pick up a couple of cheap touchstones at Radio Shack or get a feature phone.
    Quote Originally Posted by tobias funke View Post
    or get a feature phone.
    You're so feature phone when you say that.