1.    #1  
    I have a palm pre plus with verizon. I want a way to group some of my contacts together to forward messages to groups of people. I have found apps that will allow me to do this with new messages, but not fowards. My friends and I send alot of messages and jokes, and I would like to forward them quickly without going through my whole contact list 1 by 1. If anyone has any suggestions or app names that will do this I would appreciate it greatly. Thanks.
    Tap anywhere in the text of the message that you want to forward, tap "Copy Text" from the menu that pops up, go to your contact list app (I like the free version of Super Contacts myself), start a new message to the list, tap Gesture + V to paste the text into the new message.

Slightly indirect method, but once you get the hang of it, it can be done pretty quickly.
    Palm Pilot IIIxe > LifeDrive > Pre
  3.    #3  
    thanks. That works geat with text only messages and will help alot, but most of mine have pictures with them. I can't seem to copy and paste the pics with the message.
    That's going to be a little trickier. You'd have to tap the picture in the original message, tap View on the pop-up menu, then tap the Copy to Photos button. That will copy the picture to the device. Then you can attach it to the new message from there.

And if you want to forward a video to a list, it's going to get really messy. To my knowledge, you can't save a video from an MMS, so you'd have to forward it to yourself via email, save it from there, and then attach it.
  5.    #5  
    yup, that's what I have been doing. I was hoping for an app that allowed contact grouping for fowards. This is the first phone I've had that won't let ya goup your contacts. I really miss that feature. Love the phone other than that. Oh, battery life is bad also. Has anyone had any experience with the extended battery?
    Quote Originally Posted by neub7 View Post
    yup, that's what I have been doing. I was hoping for an app that allowed contact grouping for fowards. This is the first phone I've had that won't let ya goup your contacts. I really miss that feature. Love the phone other than that. Oh, battery life is bad also. Has anyone had any experience with the extended battery?
    Here's a link to a forum discussing discussing the extended battery:

http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...-palm-pre.html

General consensus is that people like it. They can get 2 days of life out of it. 2 downsides though. The touchstone isn't compatible with it and it makes the phone enormous. I don't have one for both reasons. I just keep chargers everywhere.
    Although I haven't tried it myself, Amzer makes several extended life batteries that have gotten excellent reviews. At least one of them is the same size as the original Pre battery and therefore does not require a new back for the phone and does not make the phone bigger. I would post a link, but again, until I post on this site at least 5 times, I am not able to post a link. Should be easy enough to find through google though. Good luck.
    Quote Originally Posted by neub7 View Post
    For grouping contacts, and sending batch messages, go for Super Contacts Plus (not sure the free version has all the right features - but worth the price - can make as many groups as you want and send emails/texts to whole group or partial group). Can get it in the app catalogue, now that it's back up... You will have to go to the trouble of importing contacts in to the app one by one, I do it a little at a time, starting with most important groups and most often contacted people... takes a while to load 500+ contacts, but well worth it.
    imho I don't think super contacts works well for forwarding mass msgs. Great for composing from scratch, but for forwarding txt it just takes extra work
    It's certainly not ideal. Do you have a better solution?