1.    #1  
    I was wondering has anyone reverted back to, or still using the Overclocking .sh or IPK files instead of the SPK or the UK? How has the experience been? Are you experiencing any of the same problem posted in threads about lock ups, reboots, blackscreens etc.? Are you getting heat problems? Just wanted to know?

I remember seeing alot of concerns posted with the previous forms of overclocking, but not as many complaints as with the newer forms. Could be because more people have the Kernels now than back then, but I think this is relevant information still
    I use IPK with no problems.
    Remember: "Opinions are like @ssholes, we all have them, and they all stink"
    Quote Originally Posted by bodyshop View Post
    I was wondering has anyone reverted back to, or still using the Overclocking .sh or IPK files instead of the SPK or the UK? How has the experience been? Are you experiencing any of the same problem posted in threads about lock ups, reboots, blackscreens etc.? Are you getting heat problems? Just wanted to know?

I remember seeing alot of concerns posted with the previous forms of overclocking, but not as many complaints as with the newer forms. Could be because more people have the Kernels now than back then, but I think this is relevant information still
    just curious, but why would you re-install an obsolete 1st gen kernel? the 3rd (or 4th?) gen kernel has been the most stable of all..
    Global Posts
    123 Global Posts
    I agree with tomi666. All versions are available to us for free! Of course, donate to these amazing developers for their time and hard work.
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by sjsharksfan View Post
    just curious, but why would you re-install an obsolete 1st gen kernel? the 3rd (or 4th?) gen kernel has been the most stable of all..
    If you have been keeping up with the post about them 3rd & 4th yu will see that they are not as stable as you may think there are people that have problems that they didnt have before when they were using other kernels.
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by kkacatin View Post
    I agree with tomi666. All versions are available to us for free! Of course, donate to these amazing developers for their time and hard work.
    All versions are not still available. I too agree tomi666 this is not to start a debate, but some people choose to only comment when they fell a debate is neccassary. I just asked does anyone still use the older versions of kernals & do they experience the same problems as those that are now using the other versions. Those that are happy with the new kernels. great. This question is not directed at them. Its for those that are using the older .sh & IPK versions.

These post are to be dicussions not debates. Yet like Tomi666 said it will definately turn into a debate, because some people just cant help but make an irrelevant comment. Like the one about why would i reinstall an obsolete 1st gen. kernel. I didnt see anything about that in my original post. But thats how the debates start, someone else will agree with him and then someone will disagree. If you want to start a debate, I feel they should start there own Thread about it.

Good Day All!
    I can't get Super Prekernel to install
    the 800mhz patch. It just loads but nothing happen.
    the patch won't install.

please help!
    how do I install the 800 mhz patch. I can't seem to find it. I've searched but the thread and youtube video are no longer available.
    Looking for patch also
    I am also looking for the patch.
    Global Posts
    11 Global Posts
    Is the 800MHz ipk patch off line?
  12.    #12  
    yes it is. Its not a patch but a kernel. I have it still.
    Global Posts
    11 Global Posts
    Thanks for letting us know - I guess I will stop looking for it.
  14.    #14  
    Quote Originally Posted by rev12 View Post
    Is the 800MHz ipk patch off line?
    PM me if you need it
    I had to get a new Pre because my speaker died.

I have the 800 patch. I just forgot the command to install it to my new Pre.

Can anyone help me out?
    I just ordered my Verizon Pre Plus, and I'm checking out the scene here. I'm quite of fan of tinkering with my phones, and I was very curious about this 800mhz OC patch. However, all the information on how to do it seems to have been wiped away. All Google searches lead back to that main thread, where the first post has been erased.

Is there a mirror of the tutorial for anyone that still wants to try it? Or was the 800mhz patch so dangerous that it is best not to even attempt it?