Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    does anyone know of a way to stream radio stations that are playing on your desktop computer to your pre, when you are away from home?

just to be clear, i would like to hear the music on my pre...
    Last edited by ericizzy1; 05/07/2010 at 09:27 PM.
    Have you tried Radiotime?
    that's why we need flash. We also need someone to create an 'I Heart Radio' ap for webOS
    Global Posts
    345 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
    that's why we need flash. We also need someone to create an 'I Heart Radio' ap for webOS
    The only people that can release an iHeartRadio app are Clear Channel Communications. The iHeartRadio application carries a little over 150 stations. RadioTime for WebOS which has been available since November of 2009 carries approximately 700X that many including many Clear Channel syndicated shows. We're also a free app.

RadioTime for WebOS (send to phone)

Doc

RadioTime Developer
    Follow TuneIn on Twitter:
    http://twitter.com/tunein
  5.    #5  
    hi doclee, there are few stations from israel that are available on your website, but dont work on pre.. says not supported
    Global Posts
    345 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ericizzy1 View Post
    hi doclee, there are few stations from israel that are available on your website, but dont work on pre.. says not supported
    The best thing to do is to contact the stations directly and ask them to put up an mp3 stream. Then, ask them to contact RadioTime.com's website to update their information. With so many devices on the market not supporting Windows Media Audio (a lot of dumb phones don't), it's in their best interest to add an mp3 stream to pull in listeners.

**EDIT** I see a lot of stations in our database from Israel that just haven't been updated and put into the WebOS playlist format that the RadioTime application uses but are available as mp3 streams. I'll work on getting those put up as soon as possible. Just hang tight.

Doc

RadioTime Developer
    I recommend radiotime, it is very fast, but If your favourite station is using a format that the pre doesn't doesn't support then you need to sign up with orb and leave your pc on. You can make an icon if you know how and put it on your launcher. Heres the link with the instructions

http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...p-orb-pre.html
  8.    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by DocLee View Post
    The best thing to do is to contact the stations directly and ask them to put up an mp3 stream. Then, ask them to contact RadioTime.com's website to update their information. With so many devices on the market not supporting Windows Media Audio (a lot of dumb phones don't), it's in their best interest to add an mp3 stream to pull in listeners.

**EDIT** I see a lot of stations in our database from Israel that just haven't been updated and put into the WebOS playlist format that the RadioTime application uses but are available as mp3 streams. I'll work on getting those put up as soon as possible. Just hang tight.

Doc

RadioTime Developer
    great, thanks so much
  9.    #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by laingman View Post
    I recommend radiotime, it is very fast, but If your favourite station is using a format that the pre doesn't doesn't support then you need to sign up with orb and leave your pc on. You can make an icon if you know how and put it on your launcher. Heres the link with the instructions

http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...p-orb-pre.html
    how do i add my favorite station to orb, on desktop or their website?
    I think like you are in audio look for something that says custom, I'll check to make sure when I get to my pc
  11.    #11  
    I think like you are in audio look for something that says custom, I'll check to make sure when I get to my pc
    i added a station but get an error when logged in my pre and try to listen to it...
    Quote Originally Posted by ericizzy1 View Post
    i added a station but get an error when logged in my pre and try to listen to it...
    I would try reloading the web page and try again, (not just the back button) if it still doesn't work, I suggest contacting orb support and ask them to verify that the stream should work, include the link to the station of course. They are very responsive.
    And while you are at it ask them when can we expect the orb app for webos. I know they had said they were working on it.

Wish they would all just go to mp3 so we can just use radiotime. Bummer.
    First off, I love Radiotime. I use it every day to and from work instead of my "static-eee" radio stations on my car.

Also, i have a request / question Doc Lee, Why can't i get most sporting (NBA primarily Lakers) events/games while on Radiotime,specific rights/licensing????
    Global Posts
    345 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by puyobwoc View Post
    Also, i have a request / question Doc Lee, Why can't i get most sporting (NBA primarily Lakers) events/games while on Radiotime,specific rights/licensing????
    It's due to what are called "blackouts." A lot of stations that stream will blackout the internet stream when the game is on. You kind of have to pick around to find a particular game. So, yes, it all boils down to licensing.

Doc

RadioTime Developer
    Hello DocLee

If you don't mind, does wlrn 91.3 public radio in Miami have a block out also?
    Global Posts
    345 Global Posts
    Hello DocLee

If you don't mind, does wlrn 91.3 public radio in Miami have a block out also?
    No. Their mp3 stream is currently down, however, which is why it was removed from the listings. As soon as it comes back, then it will be re-added to the listings.

Doc

RadioTime Developer
    I've been waiting to get wlrn back too. Haha. Wxel works at least.
    Global Posts
    345 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by joedisaster View Post
    I've been waiting to get wlrn back too. Haha. Wxel works at least.
    Best thing to do is bug the station directly about it. Shoot them an email telling them their mp3 stream is down and that once they get it back up, to update their RadioTime.com listing. They want listeners so it's in their best interest to get it back up and running. You might have to explain to them that the Pre/Pixi can't handle their WMA stream.

Doc

RadioTime Developer
    Is doing an mp3 stream something thats easy that the stations should know how to do, or is does it require substantial investment? I wanna try contacting them.
    Global Posts
    2 Global Posts
    Have you checked out Net2Streams Lite?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast