Global Posts
    101 Global Posts
    I used the data transfer assistant last June to transfer info to my Pre from Outlook when I got it.

I can't remember the exact details of what I did when I had synced my 755p and then plugged in my Pre to my laptop to use the DTA.

Does it require plugging the Pre in as a USB drive? Or does it call for "just charging?"

I'm doing it to my boss's Pre on Saturday and don't want to mess up.
    why not grab the 7 day free tri of companionlink and go from outlook right to the pre? If you like it, buy it and keep syncing with outlook.

that's what I do (i use pocket mirror) so I never have to put my imprtant info in to google so they can index my stuff...

just sayin'
    Global Posts
    101 Global Posts
    My boss has all his stuff in palm desktop. I had all mine in outlook. I'm not familiar with companion link...I'll have to look into it for myself.

It is my boss and his Pre that I'm concerned about right now and I'm, again, interested in if the Pre has to be in USB mode when using the data transfer assistant.

Thanks again.
    Global Posts
    101 Global Posts
    Per chance somebody else has the question I posted in #1, the answer is USB drive. I did it this morning and it prompts you to put the Pre in USB drive mode.
    Somewhat related to this topic (not wanting to start a new thread, necessarily): I am trying to figure out if there is a way for me to edit my contact list and/or task list (to do list) from my computer. I previously had a Treo 755p and loved the Palm Desktop when I could input mass amounts of information on my desktop and synch it to my phone. Now, it appears that I have to enter/change all the data from my phone!

I type about 80-90wpm on the computer vs. 10 wpm (?) on the phone. Would love to know how to do what I could do so handily with my Treo 755p.

Thanks!