Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
    Quote Originally Posted by mespiff View Post
    do this

http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...ed-cached.html

this is the only thing that helped me and it has fixed my gps
    That thing scares me. I'd rather not brick my phone, to be honest.
    Quote Originally Posted by BryanEW710 View Post
    That thing scares me. I'd rather not brick my phone, to be honest.
    that is your choice -- it is very easy thing to do -- the risk is very small especially if you only touch the things the instructions tell you to. i have been using qpst for years along with bitpim to modify motorola phones and the chances of you doing some irrepairable harm are slight unless you were trying to do so -- it is up to you but my -- GPS work fine --na na na na na na

-------------------------------------------------------------------
    Rob Chilcott

Twitter @robchilcott
    pre2
    " I am only a stupid electrician after all"

My house is a webOS house
    My pre 2, Touchpad 32g
    Wife Pixi, touchpad 32gb
    Daughter -- my old pre+
    of course my 16 year old son has and droid incredible but i think i remeber finding him on the porch
    didn't ebags33 come up with a safe and easy patch so people didn't need to do that?
  4. ght
    Global Posts
    886 Global Posts
    The patch doesn't work for everyone, but it's definitely the first place to start if you're at all concerned about QPST.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
    didn't ebags33 come up with a safe and easy patch so people didn't need to do that?
    the patch did not work for me -- it addresses different things -- the qpst thing turns on a lot of gps modes that are available on the phone but turned off -- the patch does not turn these on the patch addressed what the phone accesessed for agps if i understand things correctly
    -------------------------------------------------------------------
    Rob Chilcott

Twitter @robchilcott
    pre2
    " I am only a stupid electrician after all"

My house is a webOS house
    My pre 2, Touchpad 32g
    Wife Pixi, touchpad 32gb
    Daughter -- my old pre+
    of course my 16 year old son has and droid incredible but i think i remeber finding him on the porch
    Quote Originally Posted by GHT View Post
    The patch doesn't work for everyone, but it's definitely the first place to start if you're at all concerned about QPST.
    If my recent experience is any indication, it's not working for me, either, though it was at one point very recently, so I'm not sure what the haps is.
    Huh?
    Quote Originally Posted by BryanEW710 View Post
    Huh?
    Probably a spambot, don't follow the links.
    Quote Originally Posted by rogerstg View Post
    Probably a spambot, don't follow the links.
    That's what I was assuming when I reported the post this morning.
    ...interesting admission from vzw to me in this thread: http://forums.precentral.net/general...ml#post2633085

"At Verizon Wireless we value the security and privacy of our subscriber data and user information and we have taken this into account in the development of our location-based services, which include GPS (Global Positioning Services) functionality. To alleviate concerns regarding access to data by malicious applications and misuse of location information, Verizon Wireless' location-based services utilize a solution that requires each location request to be authenticated and accepted prior to a user's location being obtained through the network and used by authorized applications. This solution requires the use of a custom security API (Application Programming Interface) by authorized applications in order to minimize the potential for "man in the middle" attacks and misuse of information by "bad actors. While we would like you to use our VZ Navigator, you are more than welcome to download a location based service application. " ..."authorized applications"??...
    Last edited by jhodnettejr; 08/29/2010 at 08:00 PM. Reason: added
    -- VZW Pre+ -- Uberk/Gov fixed @ 1ghz -- QPST gps mod -- stock battery (?mugen 3800?) --
    I haven't had a chance to read all the posts in this thread, so if this has already been addressed sorry for asking again.

Has anybody noticed a problem with a weak GPS signal since receiving the latest Sprint update 1.4.5? I used to have a great GPS signal and use GPS apps that worked great. But now I constantly get notifications on Sprint Nav telling me that I have a weak signal. Other GPS apps simply won't connect or work because of a weak GPS signal.

If any of you smart people have any any ideas please let me know.
    Thanks in advance.
    Global Posts
    8 Global Posts
    Very insightful! I really dont think anyones put it that way before! You must be an expert on this because you just made it so easy to understand, made me want to learn more about it! Youve got a great mind for it!
    Global Posts
    4 Global Posts
    Anyone knows how to get MLS or SPC CODE for Palm Pre? I have a way to enable the built-in GPS of the device but I need to get the Service Provider Code to unlock the phone po eh. Thanks!
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345