Global Posts
    84 Global Posts
    Hi all, I am new to the Palm Pre and looking forward to it. I bought my fiancee a used Pre and when I turn it on it is in Spanish. I looked through the manual and even called Palm support and I'm not getting anywhere. I want to give it to her for Mother's Day and would like for it to be ready to go as soon as I turn it on. Does anybody know a way to master reset the phone or get to language selection without creating a palm profile first?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    Tap on Regional Settings (don't know what it says in Spaninsh but it is a tan planet earth icon on a charcoal grey diamond) - tap on Language (might say Idioma if you're already in Spanish), change to English.

Under "Format" select your particular country (United States, United Kingdom, etc.)
    My device history:

- Jim J.

(On Sprint for many years)
    Global Posts
    84 Global Posts
    I can't get to that screen. When it loads up it goes to what I think is "sign in with or create a Palm profile" I can't get to the main menu with everything that I have tried..
    Have to webos DR it to use English again
    "When there is no more room in hell, the dead will walk the earth"

PM me your questions, If I cant find an answer, I'll show you who can.
    What carrier are you on? You need to either take it back to the store you purchased it from ASAP, or call your carrier's tech support (Sprint or Verizon if you are in the US).

edit:

I see that it is "used" - like the above person posted, run webOS Doctor.

Have to download it and install on your desktop PC.

http://www.precentral.net/webos-140-...int-o2-verizon
    My device history:

- Jim J.

(On Sprint for many years)
    Global Posts
    84 Global Posts
    Thanks I'll try that.