1.    #1  
    Okay, so I have a replacement palm pre from my insurance because my last one got stolen. It has 1.4.1 installed and just doesn't want to connect to the internet via Wifi at all. when I try to connect to my router at home running a WEP encryption, it gets an "Ip configuration failed" error. I double checked the WEP key, I even manually entered the configuration info into the phone, nothing. i do not have MAC filtering on the router or any other kind of security, and I have tried resetting the DHCP on the router and resetting the router itself. All of my computers, and even my friend's blackberry pearl will connect to the router. When I try to connect to my college campus internet, I can connect, and log in, but it will not load anything from the internet, a web page will not load, pandora will not load, nothing. But again, my laptop, my friends phone, and anything else can connect just fine.

I'm at a loss an have no idea what to do, some help would be greatly appreciated.
    Global Posts
    329 Global Posts
    One thing to note about WEP is you do NOT enter the password on the Pre. You generate keys in your router manager based on the password and you enter key #1 only from the router manager. The key is case-sensitive I believe. thorne
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by thornev View Post
    One thing to note about WEP is you do NOT enter the password on the Pre. You generate keys in your router manager based on the password and you enter key #1 only from the router manager. The key is case-sensitive I believe. thorne
    I understand that. I choose not to set the WEP key via a keyword, I set it manually to something I know and personally remember that happens to be proper length for a WEP key. this rules out the possibility of me entering the wrong key.

Thank you though.