Global Posts
    59 Global Posts
    The USB cover broke off along with a little plastic side piece. While I'm at it, I guess I should replace the screen since I have some scuffs on it.

I have TEP but I don't want to give up my phone since it's solid otherwise. No oreo, no cracked screen, pixel fizzle etc.

My question is, which part do I need to buy to replace the USB cover and plastic piece that was damaged in the surrounding area? (digitizer, LCD etc)

I searched the threads but could not come up with anything for my specific situation.

Any suggestions or tips would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!
    Last edited by socoot1; 05/04/2010 at 10:39 PM.
    my USB cover has been gone for quite a while, I just live without it.
    Global Posts
    59 Global Posts
    Thanks but would you know which part I need to buy to replace the USB cover and plastic piece that was damaged in the surrounding area?
    you can't get it. Sooo many threads asking the same question.
    Global Posts
    483 Global Posts
    Ok, I now understand how people have had their USB cover break off. I got Pre #2 back in late June, a week after Pre #1 had it's camera burn out. Well, after major problems with switching to headset mode and it becoming worse and worse over the last two months I just received Pre #3.

Pre #2's USB cover came out far, spun all the way around, was never even close to a problem. Pre #3's USB cover though doesn't come away from the phone nearly as far, doesn't spin one way or the other. I could see this thing breaking off.

I never understood how people broke their USB cover off, now I think I get it.
    Welcome to the club. It is just a bad design. Many other cell phones have a rubber cover. MAybe HP will do that with the next model. Pre 1 broke. Pre2 and wife's Pre1 still have them.
    Sprint: 2-TouchPad 32g, Frank.-Pre-2, Pre-, MiFi & 1-LG Lotus with Xlink tied to home handsets. Backups: 650 & 700wx

HP Please release the CDMA Pre3 phones!
    We want them!!!
    two words:

Duct Tape
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
    two words:

Duct Tape
    Super Glue?
    I am no longer a part of the Pre Central Community.