Global Posts
    91 Global Posts
    Hello Everyone! I've searched the forum thoroughly, so forgiveness please, if this has already been addressed.

I still have an original launch day Pre (Sprint). As of 5-02-10, I'm unable to download app updates as well as download new apps. The download status/progress indicator bar appears, but never makes any actual progress even letting it sit overnite.

All settings are still factory settings and I've made no modifications (no preware, no homebrew apps, etc.). I've deleted files thinking it may be a space/memory issue (removed music files and deleted many seldom used apps) and restarted & powered down the phone repeatedly but no joy. I have both a strong Evdo & WiFi connection, so there shouldn't be a connectivity issue. (and I also pay my bill on time )

Is this a known issue? Anybody else experiencing this that can recommend a fix for this issue purdy please?

Thank you in advance for your assistance!

P.S. I love my Pre on Sprint! And, I anxiously await the next generation of WebOS phones for the Sprint network. Live long and prosper, Palm.
    I am having the same issue but I am on the other side as far as being a stock phone. I have uber kernal and about 65 patches installed.
    Global Posts
    91 Global Posts
    Here's a solution I rec'd from Palm and it worked for me:

If you've restarted your device and are unable to download any updates, I would recommend a partial erase. This will make you sign back into your profile and you should be able to download any updates at that point.

Alternatively, if you're currently on any software version lower than 1.3.51, you may want to consider downloading the webOS Doctor from our website at www.palm.com/rom . This is because some customers have reported app problems after skipping multiple updates. Others have no problem at all with skipping updates like this.

Either of those solutions will get you to 1.4.1.1, and when you sign back into your profile, your contacts and other PIM data will restore to your device.

Hope this helps,

TreoAide

Hope it helps you and others.
    If you've restarted your device and are unable to download any updates, I would recommend a partial erase. This will make you sign back into your profile and you should be able to download any updates at that point.
    Y'know... if having to sign back into your profile is a known fix for certain things, why didn't they include the option somewhere in the phone itself to sign out and back in to your profile? Instead, you're supposed to erase something, thereby forcing you to sign back in?

Doesn't make sense to me.