Global Posts
    13 Global Posts
    Do I really need to update my phone when it tells me there are updates available? I now know that doing those updates when I have themes on my phone are not advisable to do??
    I was wondering if I would have to remove the theme I have, revert back to the original them, do the update and then put the them back on the phone??

Thanks,
    Kim(one who is not so palm pre saavy but still loves it!!)
    Are you talking about app updates or software updates? Either way, yes you should update both as you want the newest version.
    But you only have to remove your theme if it is a software update, this should be once a month maximum.
    Global Posts
    623 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by CMC4ever View Post
    Do I really need to update my phone when it tells me there are updates available? I now know that doing those updates when I have themes on my phone are not advisable to do??
    I was wondering if I would have to remove the theme I have, revert back to the original them, do the update and then put the them back on the phone??

Thanks,
    Kim(one who is not so palm pre saavy but still loves it!!)
    Yes, when a new OS update comes out, you are eventually forced to upgrade. I don't remember the specifics, but I think you get like 3 notifications before being required to update.

Yes, you should remove themes before upgrading. So, when you get the notification, that's a good time to remove your theme.