Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1.    #21  
    Quote Originally Posted by stu5797 View Post
    This patch is an awesome idea! This Patch Cannot be deleted though. If you try deleting it you will not be able to watch youtube anymore. You will have to DR.
    what are you talking about... I deleted it from wosq install and add it back on. You don't have to do any doc on your phone.
    awesome patch this is cool!
    Quote Originally Posted by rush View Post
    what are you talking about... I deleted it from wosq install and add it back on. You don't have to do any doc on your phone.
    Unfortunately you do have to doctor unless u r really lucky. (check youtube). The creators are working on a fix and it will be great to see the finished product!
    *Patchers STILL make this phone Perfect!
    Palm Devices Currently Owned: Pre, Pre Plus, Pre 2, Pre 3, Pixi, Veer, Touchpads, and too many touchstones!
    I can personally attest to the problem. I tried to uninstall with Web OS QI and it also removed a critical original file and that broke ALL video function. One of itsvcreators spent a good eight hours back and forth messaging with me and trying to figure it out and fix it before I could get video function back.

This is an awesome patch but its creators are working to solve the problem and then get it submitted through Preware. Its worth waiting for it to be fixed.

For what its worth for some reason the file that had to be replaced is NOT in WebOS doctor at least not in a way accessible to the Repair utility. I had to be mailed the file and copy it to my USB and then copy it to the OS using command line. Wait. I am sure the fixed version will be out very soon.
    the reason palm does not already do this is because it will slow your phone down and drain your battery if your want to have a vid in the background.
    If this happens all you have to do is Doctor your phone. It will then be good as new!
    *Patchers STILL make this phone Perfect!
    Palm Devices Currently Owned: Pre, Pre Plus, Pre 2, Pre 3, Pixi, Veer, Touchpads, and too many touchstones!
  7.    #27  
    Quote Originally Posted by stu5797 View Post
    Unfortunately you do have to doctor unless u r really lucky. (check youtube). The creators are working on a fix and it will be great to see the finished product!
    well fortunately i haven't....
    I also deleted this patch through QI and now my camera wont even open to take video or photos. Also, Youtube isn't the only thing that wont play, NO VIDEOS play on the phone now. I cant access videos i already had on the phone, and i also cant watch any videos from the web.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12