Global Posts
    393 Global Posts
    I know I've done it before, but I can't remember how. I can listen to the mp3 file, but I can't seem to figure out how to save it to my phone from the email. I may be crazy, but couldn't we do that with the eariler versions of WebOS? Anyone know what I'm doing wrong?
    IT'S NOT A DAMN BLACKBERRY!....
    *bump* I have the same question
    and if we can't save the mp3 directly from the email app, where would I locate the mp3 file in Internalz?

[edit] after some searching I found the indirect process

Quote Originally Posted by _aa_ wrote:

I have a cumbersome, but functional solution.

If you have WebOS Internals' Application:Terminal - WebOS Internals installed or have developer mode enabled and use novacom..

Email attachments are stored in /var/luna/data/attachments/ but then obscured in "bucket18" and "part_4784987389739873897" directories, for example.

Perhaps someone would care to simplify the process but you can locate your attachment with..

find /var/luna/data/attachments/ -name *Aphex*

..to locate that fresh Aphex Twin track your buddy sent you. Then use "cp" to copy that file to "/media/internal". Then the music app will find it.

Hey, palm? How about a patch to store attachments in "/media/internal/Attachments" instead of "/var/luna/data/attachments/"?
    how to save email attachments? - Page 2 - Palm Support Community
    Last edited by tempbast; 10/08/2010 at 10:03 PM.
    I would like to know as well, is there another way, other than what was listed above?
    I am the creator of the PalmSpot entry “webOS Does, and Does, and Does Some More”, writes Save/Restore scripts and helps manage the script feed, and now writes webOS Nation's Tip of the Day

Got a good tip for webOS Nation's Tip of the Day? Please send me a PM or use the Contact Us form and select "Suggest a tip"

Like any of my work:
    Still pretty tedious.
    If you can't stop piracy, slow it down; screwing everyone, even the honest folks.