1.    #1  
    Does anyone know of an app that will allow me to specify my own http stream to listen to? I like to listen to police scanners, such as this:
    http://relay.radioreference.com:80/mi_oakland2

Anybody know of something that will let me listen to this on my Palm Pre Plus?
    Thanks...arniep
    yea there is an app called scanner stream beta I have it on my palm pre not for sure where I got it from but I will look and post it here
    I am sure I found it in preware or the app catalog works great
  4.    #4  
    THanks. Yes, I had that one installed but it did not seem to work too well. Can someone try the folllowing stream on that app and see if it works for you:

United States
    Michigan
    Oakland County
    Police and Fire Departments in Oakland County

The same feed can be found at:
    Police and Fire Departments in Oakland County Live Scanner Audio Feed
    That feed finds lots of activity
    but I hear nothing on my Pre.
    Thanks....arniep

Quote Originally Posted by abansb View Post
    I am sure I found it in preware or the app catalog works great
    I will test it to see if it works

edit: working good clear sound

when I first installed it wasn't to clear I tried today and it seemed better must have been the servers
  6.    #6  
    That is really strange. If I click on the first link under Oakland County, I get lots of activity. But I get nothing with the third link which is the one I gave you above.
    I guess maybe I should uninstall and re-install it. I wish they allowed you to manually enter a url.
    Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by abansb View Post
    I will test it to see if it works

edit: working good clear sound

when I first installed it wasn't to clear I tried today and it seemed better must have been the servers
    not sure how this works, but it seems to just be loading, loading, and loading with the little loading circle at the top-right... am I suppose to do anything else??
    some are doing the same with me but the oakland police and fire worked better the second link isn't working oakland county sheriff no static or anything the rest has a little static
    looking for help I down loaded app want to use same features cant get app to play files. Makes no sense at all Any ideas i love using radio refference live feeds.
    Global Posts
    341 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jamesrshaffer3 View Post
    not sure how this works, but it seems to just be loading, loading, and loading with the little loading circle at the top-right... am I suppose to do anything else??
    I have this same problem. The feeds eventually start working after about 5-10 minutes, but I'm not sure why it's taking SOOooo long to get the feed working!
    Global Posts
    341 Global Posts
    Any more updates on this?
    I was wondering the same
    Global Posts
    48 Global Posts
    trying it now...hope it works......anyone know if it matters if you're on wifi or not?
    this app works great. I have compared the live feeds through the web against an actual scanner, there is no more than a 3 - 5 second delay only.. Great app!
    Last edited by sjsharksfan; 06/30/2010 at 04:50 PM.
    Global Posts
    341 Global Posts
    This app just all of a sudden stopped with any updates.. was going strong for a little bit and nothing recent. Any progress??
    Global Posts
    48 Global Posts
    so far.....not working for my area....ottawa co. MI......only had a couple around me work for a few......anyone know if this beta is still being worked on?.......