Global Posts
    20 Global Posts
    OK, here's what I want to do. I would like to use my GV # to Send and Receive SMS messages. I've Looked but I can't download gDial and dkgooglevoice doesn't do what I want,just dials calls, sms fails.

The closest thing I can find is the GV web app, but I would like to receive SMS as pushed msg. with an alert.

Does anything exist like that?
    Global Posts
    74 Global Posts
    closest they have is the web app. Texts come through with the "406" area code. Gotta send them through the web app . Hopefully gdial will come back soon
    Global Posts
    74 Global Posts
    closest they have is the web app. Texts come through with the "406" area code. Gotta send them through the web app . Hopefully gdial will come back soon
    I use text with google sms. When I get a text from someone I add it to my contacts (I name something different that lets me know it's the google number only). I can then text back and forth with that person in my sms app but thru google too. All the sms' show up on the website too. It's pretty handy but you do have to wait to get a message from that person first before you can use just the sms app.
    Global Posts
    20 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by becrazy2 View Post
    I use text with google sms. When I get a text from someone I add it to my contacts (I name something different that lets me know it's the google number only). I can then text back and forth with that person in my sms app but thru google too. All the sms' show up on the website too. It's pretty handy but you do have to wait to get a message from that person first before you can use just the sms app.
    If you are using the sms app on the phone does it count on the sms message count. I want to get away from the text messaging plan on Verizon and just use the Data plan.
    immjg, I'm on Sprint and everything is included in my plan, ie unlimited text. I'm pretty sure it would count against your plan, but you should call and find out before changing anything.
    Global Posts
    20 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by becrazy2 View Post
    immjg, I'm on Sprint .

Thought about switching, but Verizon has better coverage where I live. So the idea is to use the data plan and dump the texting, because I should be able to do this. Unfortunatly WebOS doesn't have an app for Google Voice like there is for Android or Blackberry.

I am actually trying to find this for my Daughters phone.
    Global Posts
    74 Global Posts
    @ be crazy- do you mean the "406" area coded text messages? are they always the same for each contact?
    Does anyone know if you get charged for messages sent thru G chat?