1.    #1  
    hi, i just got the pre plus last week and i have a question when i send text msgs. Im recieving and sending messages but it is coming with a error message something about media not able to attach. Im not sending or recieving media in the messages so i dont know if there is anyway to fix this or change settings to keep this from happening.

Also the pre is seperating my text messages into seperate msgs if i go over 160 characters. my past phone didnt do this when i sent to a verizon carrier(im on verizon as well), can i change this so it sends in one message. Any help appreciated, i so far like the palm pre plus just trying to figure out all the stuff that goes with it. thanks
    Global Posts
    458 Global Posts
    I'm not sure what you are talking about when it comes to the media issue. But, as far as the "seperating" of messages. Most cell phones/carriers have a character cap. My old phones did the same (160 characters), but wouldn't brake up the message to send as one message. I would have to start a new message. The Pre is braking the messages into pages (like a fax, ei..(1 of 3), (2 of 3), (3 of 3)and so forth). This is so the receiver of the message, knows that is all part of one message!
  3.    #3  
    okay thanks, the media error message comes along with the text i recieve. ill have to write down exacly what it says next time i get it. the message comes to me but both me and the person sending it to me get a second message that says something about error media couldnt be attached. its not a big issue just annoying and confusing to the sender since they alway send a follow up asking if messages are coming through to me
    Global Posts
    18 Global Posts
    does it with me too
    Global Posts
    76 Global Posts
    As for the media issue, I'm not sure what the problem may be. But as for the character limit, it always has been there. Your old phone may not have shown you that the message was separated, but when you send over 160 characters the recipient will always receive additional messages to accommodate the text. Why? I'm not entirely sure, but search 'sms' in Google and Wikipedia has a link to a site that explains why. (I can't post links yet. )

I guess you could say that the Pre is sort of "helping" by showing you exactly how it split your messages up.
  6.    #6  
    be nice if there was a way to turn the error messag off