Global Posts
    21 Global Posts
    looking on this site for a step by step as to setting up a replacement Pre, but haven't found one.

my first Pre had some homebrew apps and patches. i've copied the entire contents of the 1st Pre onto my computer.

my replacement Pre came today - the restore of the info in the cloud went smoothly, and contacts, memos, etc. all transferred without a hitch.

now what? i assume i can just reinstall the patches i was using with webOSDoctor. but what about the homebrew apps, music and photos? i assume i can't just copy the contents of the 1st pre off my computer and onto the 2nd pre. are there particular directories i should and shouldn't be copying onto the new Pre?
    No you cannot install patches with webos doctor unless you meant quickinstall
    Global Posts
    21 Global Posts
    yeah, i meant quickinstall - webOSQI.

i think it wouldn't make a difference whether i install the patches before or after i restore other info onto the 2nd Pre. so my basic question isn't about the patches, but about the homebrew apps, music, photos.

i could install the homebrew apps one at a time the way that i did on the first Pre, but it seems like there should be some easy way to copy them as a group from my computer to the 2nd Pre.
    Not sure about the apps and music... haven't had to reload any apps yet, and I don't have any music on my phone (yet...)... as for photos, there's a folder for that. Hook your phone up, tap USB (not "just charge") then open it up via My Computer.

Pictures, Photos, something like that... then there's a DCIM folder... from there, just pick which folder to put them in.