1.    #1  
    Which is better? Missing Sync or Chapura Pocket Mirror. Most of my information is on Outlook and I would like to continue to use it and not have duplicate contact lists and calendars.

Please advise.

Thanks.
    bump
    Global Posts
    13 Global Posts
    I've found both packages work well. The only real difference is how they sync. One uses wifi to access the host computer on the local network. The other uses a cable for direct syncing.
    If you're using Outlook, doesn't that mean you have an Exchange server involved too ? In which case - why not just sync with the Exchange server and make that your primary account for contacts & calendar ?
    Psion 3a, 3c, 3mx, Handspring Visor Deluxe, Treo 180, Treo 600, Centro, Pre, Touchpad, Pre3, Blackberry Passport (sorry!)
    Quote Originally Posted by slwalls View Post
    Which is better? Missing Sync or Chapura Pocket Mirror. Most of my information is on Outlook and I would like to continue to use it and not have duplicate contact lists and calendars.

Please advise.

Thanks.
    I sync with outlook. I refuse to put all my confidential stuff through Google. Heck, google published some credit card numbers last week.

I actually tried both Chapura and Constant Contact. Both are very similar. Chapura requires WiFi or BlueTooth. Constant Contact only supports USB.

I somewhat preferred Constant Contact because USB seemed a bit faster, and works when I can't get my PC and my phone on the same LAN (that's the case of any public hotspot - starbucks, hotels, etc. For security they can never let connected devices see each other.)

I went with Chapura because Constant Constant contact stopped syncing new appointments. I doctored and went through a few hours of trouble shooting and never figured out how to fix it. I was out of time, so I bought Chapura.

After I bought it, I figured out how to sync over BlueTooth and that resolved my only issue with the Chapura option.

I hope that helps!
    Quote Originally Posted by marshalla99 View Post
    If you're using Outlook, doesn't that mean you have an Exchange server involved too ? In which case - why not just sync with the Exchange server and make that your primary account for contacts & calendar ?
    In my case I cant sync with Exchange because access to the Exchange server requires a VPN because I work remotely.

I don't actually care about that for e-mail because they force me to also have a blackberry. But for contacts and calendar, Palm is the only game in town (which is why I have always liked Palm PDAs and phones - see my signature).

If I sat in the HQ office behind the firewall, Exchange Sync would be an option. That doesn't help people who work remotely or travel, unless their IT department wants to support the WebOS EAS feature. My IT department refuses to support anything but Blkackberry.
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by kevo295 View Post
    I've found both packages work well. The only real difference is how they sync. One uses wifi to access the host computer on the local network. The other uses a cable for direct syncing.
    Hmmm. I thought both worked with wifi. Thanks for clarifying - which one does not?
  8.    #8  
    Actually, I am only using it for personal purposes, so only wanting to sync with my outlook, not through my company's. Since the company does not supply me with a device, I don't wish to receive my work email on my personal device.

Thanks for your reply.
  9.    #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
    I sync with outlook. I refuse to put all my confidential stuff through Google. Heck, google published some credit card numbers last week.

I actually tried both Chapura and Constant Contact. Both are very similar. Chapura requires WiFi or BlueTooth. Constant Contact only supports USB.

I somewhat preferred Constant Contact because USB seemed a bit faster, and works when I can't get my PC and my phone on the same LAN (that's the case of any public hotspot - starbucks, hotels, etc. For security they can never let connected devices see each other.)

I went with Chapura because Constant Constant contact stopped syncing new appointments. I doctored and went through a few hours of trouble shooting and never figured out how to fix it. I was out of time, so I bought Chapura.

After I bought it, I figured out how to sync over BlueTooth and that resolved my only issue with the Chapura option.

I hope that helps!
    Thanks for your reply. It was extremely helpful and now I think I know what my decision will be! Chapura.
  10.    #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by marshalla99 View Post
    Actually, I am only using it for personal purposes, so only wanting to sync with my outlook, not through my company's. Since the company does not supply me with a device, I don't wish to receive my work email on my personal device.

Thanks for your reply.
    I use Chapura. On WindowsXP with ZoneAlarm and Avast, it suddenly stopped working (desktop component just closed). Now on Windows7 it works like a champ again. I like it.
  12.    #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by SeeTheShadow View Post
    I use Chapura. On WindowsXP with ZoneAlarm and Avast, it suddenly stopped working (desktop component just closed). Now on Windows7 it works like a champ again. I like it.
    Thanks. I have not yet upgraded to Windows 7, but plan to soon. Don't have ZoneAlarm or Avast (using free McAfee through AT&T and free version of Adaware). Hopefully it will work for me with XP until I upgrade to 7.

Cheers!
    I'm using Chapura for Outlook and it works very well. My desktop is running Windows 7 x64 Ultimate with the firewall enabled and Microsoft Security Essentials. Zero issues so far.
    Global Posts
    203 Global Posts
    I use Chapura. I set it up for me, my boss, and his wife. It continues to work like a dream.
    Nicky
  15.    #15  
    Quote Originally Posted by nsanders View Post
    I use Chapura. I set it up for me, my boss, and his wife. It continues to work like a dream.
    Thanks, Nicky. Chapura it is!
    I use CompanionLink via Google Calendar. It works fine.
    Quote Originally Posted by slwalls View Post
    Thanks for your reply. It was extremely helpful and now I think I know what my decision will be! Chapura.
    My pleasure. Just remember that sync over WiFi won't work on public networks (attached devices are restricted from seeing each other).

So sync over wifi is great at home, bluetooth is great on the road. You have a 7-day trial period to try it where you are likely going to need it...