Page 1 of 23 123456 11 ... LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Original post removed by author's request.
    Thanks caj2008 for all your hard work putting together the video/threads/alpha testing/kernel scripts work/and initial idea of the app.

This has been a fun project and I hope everyone enjoys this free app that I made!

#######L337Tech Preware Feed##########

http://www.l337tech.com/webos/apps

call it "L337Tech-webos-free"
    #################################

You can copy paste preware url into preware from your browser on the phone. Number 1 problem that I get from users about preware not working is due to the them accidentally typing in the wrong url.

thanks,

number1pete
    Last edited by number1pete; 04/21/2010 at 08:20 AM.
    Internet Radio - the best beats on the web

CPUScaling app L337Tech post

Super PreKernel app

If you appreciated any of my help, enjoy any of my apps that I give away for free, or want to see more development from me, think about making a donation. Thanks!
    it great to see this app finally out ! I've been using it for the last week or so and it rocks . I've had no issues whatsoever and don't expect I ever will have any . Thanks again for all your hard work and I will hit the donate button when I get home from work today. Thanks again Jeff talk to ya later

this thanks is for you too number1pete . Just sayin .
    Last edited by Shadavis08; 04/21/2010 at 09:34 AM.
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    Thanks caj2008 and number1pete! Donations sent your way. Now if one of you can point me in the right direction to get past error code 2035 when trying access lotus notes dwa_ultralight, I'd be eternally greatful. Again thanks for all the hard work!
    Global Posts
    329 Global Posts
    Suggestion: It's confusing that you put the text "1.4.1" in the name of the app file. Makes me think, despite the verbose post #1, that this app is only for WebOS v1.4.1 and where is the file for v1.4.0. thorne
    I love the video!!! It's funny cause with using the word "super" you tube suggests kids cartoons after watching. Great work all the way around!!
    I was a proud supporter of Palm, HP
    WebOS running on the Palm Pre, Pixi, and now the TouchPad.

Amazon =
    Haha, I'm glad you liked the video. This is a grade A piece of software, I've been using it for a while now and it is completely stable.

This is far and away the easiest way to change the speed of your processor - congrats to number1pete and caj2008 for finally getting it released

(@jeff haha :P)
    Last edited by SqyArc; 04/21/2010 at 08:57 AM.
    OK maybe this is a stupid question:

Is this for the Sprint Pre's or just those cell networked phones?

Thanks!

Rob
    Robert L
    Astoria Queens, N.Y.C
    - Palm Pre (Sprint) - formally Palm Treo 650
    Version 1.4.1.1
    Sprint Configuration 2.3
    Model: P100EWW
    Hardware Version: A
    Firmware: CC1.4(510)

Quote Originally Posted by rlanza1054 View Post
    OK maybe this is a stupid question:

Is this for the Sprint Pre's or just those cell networked phones?

Thanks!

Rob
    This is for ANY Palm Pre or Palm Pre Plus on any network. (It's not compatible with the Pixi).
    Global Posts
    58 Global Posts
    great video!

question - just installed it (per the very detailed instructions - thanks). It has yet to find my current kernel configuration (which is default 500mhz). So it says "do not push anything yet". Can i proceed further with installing the OC kernel of my choice?
    Thank you very much for your hard work!! Amazing outcome, I really mean it.

(And I really had to lol when I saw the video ;D )
    IPK FETCHER <-> An attempt against geo-filtering
    Caj2008 Yes you are right with the new phones coming out 800 mhz will be the slow kid on the block.. the issues is that some of use (specially verizon cu's) we will still have at least 6 months on the account to go until we can get those wonderful cpu upgrades. I'm hoping by then that the newest WebOS phone comes out.

We all thank you for your time you and Pete have spent
    In a world of droid, Pre does it better.

Shouldn't we treat this world like the Garden of Eden and avoid the apple at all costs?
    Global Posts
    58 Global Posts
    Never mind. Figured out what happened.

I had JStop running the AUTOGC and that interfered w/the SuperPre app figuring out the kernel. When I ran the Linux command to see what was going on, it said I was at 250MHz.

Stopped the AUTOGC and it figured out the default 500MHz right away.
    this was way to easy to install THANK YOU ,THANK YOU ,THANK YOU. when wife comes home from work will def donate.... oh yeah i did thank everyone
    one more thing did i have to remove my 800mhz kernel to install this ? Cause if so i did not and still works like a charm once again u guys are ROCK STARS
    Global Posts
    329 Global Posts
    Question... I've been using the 800MHz.sh enhancement and I'm happy with it. I don't need an app that allows me to switch kernel speeds. Does this app, when switching to 500MHz stock speed, remove the need to uninstall this app (and it's enhanced kernels) when a new WebOS update is installed? If so that's a nice advantage. But if I still have to uninstall this app and the customized kernels it uses, there's no advantage for me. (except that the 800MHz kernel is not supported anymore without this app?). thorne
    Quote Originally Posted by gangland View Post
    one more thing did i have to remove my 800mhz kernel to install this ? Cause if so i did not and still works like a charm once again u guys are ROCK STARS
    yes it is suggested to uninstall any and all kernels that are not original just in case ! If you do not you may bork your phone as deiter would say !
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    Quote Originally Posted by thornev View Post
    Question... I've been using the 800MHz.sh enhancement and I'm happy with it. I don't need an app that allows me to switch kernel speeds. Does this app, when switching to 500MHz stock speed, remove the need to uninstall this app (and it's enhanced kernels) when a new WebOS update is installed? If so that's a nice advantage. But if I still have to uninstall this app and the customized kernels it uses, there's no advantage for me. (except that the 800MHz kernel is not supported anymore without this app?). thorne
    you should always uninstall any non stock kernel when an update is done. And this app makes that process alot easier . If you don't need that ease of use then that's fine . But with this app it so quick to change out at any point in time and then to install back to phone once its cleared for reinstallation without having to wait to get home from work and turn on computer and blah blah blah. Lol just sayin.
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadavis08 View Post
    yes it is suggested to uninstall any and all kernels that are not original just in case ! If you do not you may bork your phone as deiter would say !
    I know but i did not remove it and my phone is working fine . And the super kernel determined my 800mhz kernel
    I'm sort of confused - what's the difference between this app and CpuScaling (ultimate version)?
Page 1 of 23 123456 11 ... LastLast