Page 9 of 23 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121314 19 ... LastLast
    Global Posts
    453 Global Posts
    Ok i have the 800mhz ipk installed along with the uberscaler. do i need to uninstall both of these before i install the superprekernal????
    Looking forward to trying this out! Thanks for all the work you guys put into it! Just made a donation to each of you: caj & pete
    Global Posts
    38 Global Posts
    Thanks again Cag and Pete!! It installed flawless. I think I am a lucky 1 as everything I have installed via your instructions have gone through fast and easy. (knock on wood). Donation sent. Thanks again and ALOHA!
    my problem as been resolved.

a few pm's and an email later and I know have an overclocked (800mhz) pre

Thanks!
    The link to mediafire seems to be malformed and won't load properly. Can anyone pm with the proper link? in the 600 club!
    Global Posts
    294 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Damien311 View Post
    Confirmed. Here's my post from the Engadget story:
    Just as another data point...universal search working fine with 800 kernel for me.
    Members of 600 club:

Did the link that caj sent you for the fixed ipk work? When I click on the link it takes me to the mediafire home page.

Any help would be appreciated
    Global Posts
    266 Global Posts
    It doesn't work, he's offered to send me the file by email. Perhaps he'll reply to your PM soon offering to do the same?
    You're invited to follow me on Twitter
    When I install 750MHz kernel my camera works no more!
    with 600MHz its ok
    anyone else with this isue?
    Quote Originally Posted by laze View Post
    It doesn't work, he's offered to send me the file by email. Perhaps he'll reply to your PM soon offering to do the same?
    we are working on a new version of the app and service. It will be version 1.4.2. I added a feature to the app where the screen doesnt time out, and with the service I tweaked some things to hopefully cure the 600mhz club. The new version will be available very soon.

Caj2008 will update everyone.

thanks,

number1pete
    Internet Radio - the best beats on the web

CPUScaling app L337Tech post

Super PreKernel app

If you appreciated any of my help, enjoy any of my apps that I give away for free, or want to see more development from me, think about making a donation. Thanks!
    Quote Originally Posted by bri03011 View Post
    Hello! First off, thanks for this upgrade and thanks for all of the help that people have provided thus far.

I installed SuperKernel, installed the 720 mhz patch, then installed CPUScalerUber. Is it okay to have both of these installed? And if so, what scaling options and speed options should I set through CPUScaler?

Thanks!
    perfectly fine....use scale 500-->800mhz. That is the sweet spot for me.

thanks,

number1pete

Super PreKernel app

If you appreciated any of my help, enjoy any of my apps that I give away for free, or want to see more development from me, think about making a donation. Thanks!
    If I have the original 800MHz patch install do I need to remove it before installing Super Kernel?
    Can someone fill me in on whether or not I should be in Dev Mode. I assume that I should be, becuase that's the only way to access WebOS QSi or whatever that is.

So I install everything in Dev Mode, then go back to regular and the app doesn't recognize my patch. Same thing vis versa.
    Global Posts
    74 Global Posts
    I saw this mentioned at the start of the thread, but it seemed to resolve itself in that instance, but I can't seem to get this to work. I continually get the following error when I'm trying to install the two files:

It seems one of them is transferring and installing fine, but not the other. Does anyone have any ideas on how to remedy this? Thanks.
    i have a problem , i install the 800 MHz patch , but when i type cat /proc/cpuinfo , it tells me that my kernel version is 597.68. i installed everything through WOSQI,
    Just an fyi - I installed off of Quick Install, tried a few different speeds and had some crashes. Loading PreWare rebooted the phone, trying a 3d game, and answering my phone.

I reverted to the default kernel, and uninstalled several patches I had installed (4x4 screen, hide Nascar & NFL, mail mark all). Rebooted, tried the 800mhz kernel and so far everything's great. It's noticeably faster, but I don't have the cpuinfo utility so I'm not sure if I'm running at 800 or 600mhz.
    Last edited by blinktreo; 04/22/2010 at 05:00 PM. Reason: spelling
    Quote Originally Posted by teiresias View Post
    I saw this mentioned at the start of the thread, but it seemed to resolve itself in that instance, but I can't seem to get this to work. I continually get the following error when I'm trying to install the two files:

It seems one of them is transferring and installing fine, but not the other. Does anyone have any ideas on how to remedy this? Thanks.
    try installing one after the other.
    Global Posts
    74 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by allybasilic View Post
    try installing one after the other.
    Thanks. I finally just went ahead and installed Preware and installed it all that way.

Seems I'm a member of the 600 club though, as installing the 800Mhz patch only gives me a BOGOMips field of 597.68

Seems there's no clear fix for this yet, judging by the last few pages?
    Quote Originally Posted by teiresias View Post
    Thanks. I finally just went ahead and installed Preware and installed it all that way.

Seems I'm a member of the 600 club though, as installing the 800Mhz patch only gives me a BOGOMips field of 597.68

Seems there's no clear fix for this yet, judging by the last few pages?
    there is a fix...see PM caj2008

also to fix your previous problem you needed to install package manager service (which you ended up doing by installing preware).

thanks,

number1pete

Super PreKernel app

check your preware feeds for updates...

Super PreKernel 1.4.2 is out.

nothing major, just a few under the hood fixes.

One of the new features is that the program does not let the display time out during installation. Also, this may help fix a few members of the 600mhz club.

you can download it on this download page:
    http://www.l337tech.com/webos/apps

or you can use the preware feed to update:
    Code:
    http://www.l337tech.com/webos/apps
    thanks,

number1pete

Super PreKernel app

Page 9 of 23 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121314 19 ... LastLast