Page 8 of 23 FirstFirst ... 345678910111213 18 ... LastLast
    I'm not seeing it up on Preware now. I am part of the 600 club and trying to reinstall. Are the mirrors still not working correctly?
    Hello! First off, thanks for this upgrade and thanks for all of the help that people have provided thus far.

I installed SuperKernel, installed the 720 mhz patch, then installed CPUScalerUber. Is it okay to have both of these installed? And if so, what scaling options and speed options should I set through CPUScaler?

Thanks!
    Global Posts
    34 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Landon1983 View Post
    I'm not seeing it up on Preware now. I am part of the 600 club and trying to reinstall. Are the mirrors still not working correctly?

Also a member of the 600 club. Even uninstalled completely (after reverting back to the vanilla kernel) and reinstalled via PreWare. Retried the 800 kernel, and still 600
    Quote Originally Posted by thascourge View Post
    Also a member of the 600 club. Even uninstalled completely (after reverting back to the vanilla kernel) and reinstalled via PreWare. Retried the 800 kernel, and still 600
    Yeah I reinstalled using QI but with the Preware feeds link and I'm still getting 600 from the 800.
    Quote Originally Posted by seven2k View Post
    Any truth to the synergy search not working?
    Confirmed. Here's my post from the Engadget story:

Quote Originally Posted by Me, on Engadget View Post
    Installed this app as soon as it came out yesterday morning. One of the best Freeware apps out there.

However, I've noticed that my Universal Search is, per say, "Broken."

When I type in something, it no longer searches the phone for applications, or even contacts, with similar characters. Very annoying.

On top of that, I have to tap the find button every time, to bring down the dropdown search bar (The ones searches Google, Google Maps, Twitter, and Wikipedia). VERY annoying.

I'm pretty certain it's not the app, but just a heads up out there to anyone else that may experience this problem
    Global Posts
    307 Global Posts
    I have no problem with the Search and im running this no prob..... Could be another patch your having the problem with...
    Global Posts
    22 Global Posts
    Damien - I have no problems with universal search. Working great. I'm guessing if you wanted to try and troubleshoot (i.e. remove one patch at a time and recheck), some developers and other users would be appreciative...
    also a memeber of the 600 club ..

sent a PM, but i assume he's gotten a LOT of pm's from people with the problem.

i installed the IPK's one by one the first time (via WebOS QI)... installed 800mhz patch ... stuck @ ~600
    uninstalled everything
    ran updates and needed to update preware and a few other things ..
    updated those
    made sure everything was uninstalled via preware .. rebooted.
    reinstalled both packages @ the same time (small first, then the big one)
    phone rebooted .. app says i've got the patched version ... option to uninstall has replaced the 800mhz button ..
    checked cpuinfo via command line and still stuck @ 600mhz

i've done this about 3 times now ...
    still stuck @ 600mhz
    Global Posts
    307 Global Posts
    There will be a fix soon. 800 worked for a few people so......
    great work thanks
    I too am stuck at 600, tried 600 first and it worked. Now tried 720 and I'm at 600.

Still better than 500 can't complain!
    I have a stupid question. What does it mean to frakk your Pre? Render it useless? Where does the term come from and what does it stand for?
    I can't find it in preware
    can anyone explain to me why you'd need to incresse ur clock speed? I ave no problems running programs with the current speeds. Sell me on the idea before I go out and try it!
    Quote Originally Posted by Irocdaspot513 View Post
    I can't find it in preware
    you have to add the feed that is mentioned in the first post for it to show up.
    IMPORTANT INFO FOR 600 CLUB! READ THIS!!!

caj2008 asked anyone with a 600mhz issue to PM him! He just fixed my 600mhz problem! and im about to donate to him for all his hard work.

EDIT: Thanks for all your hard work guys! Donations sent!
    Last edited by jeremy9174; 04/22/2010 at 01:45 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by vasekvi View Post
    I have a stupid question. What does it mean to frakk your Pre? Render it useless? Where does the term come from and what does it stand for?
    haha... well frakk is a polite way of saying ******. It was made popular in the sci fi series Battlestar Galactica - it will explain all

And yeah, it means to 'brick' or 'break' your device.
    Quote Originally Posted by arden View Post
    you have to add the feed that is mentioned in the first post for it to show up.
    can I add it from my pre or do I do this from computer?
    go to "manage feeds" from preware

you can add the url there
    I have sent the PM.

Also for the people that cannot find Super PreKernel in Preware you have to add the feed.

1. Open Preware
    2. Select Manage feeds in the top left drop down menu
    3. Preware Custom Feed: 'http://www.l337tech.com/webos/apps/'

Also the letter in the web address above is lower case L.

You can turn all the other feeds off if you want stuff to load faster.

Be patient, sometimes Preware takes a while to load, connecting to a WiFi network is better.
    Last edited by Dingle1911; 04/22/2010 at 01:56 PM. Reason: clarification
Page 8 of 23 FirstFirst ... 345678910111213 18 ... LastLast