Page 4 of 23 FirstFirst 123456789 14 ... LastLast
    [

they did all this hard work for free and you cryin cause it take a min to load or what ever. Ungrateful

you should be kissing the ground they walk on.. It takes a min man go to sleep

QUOTE=belvedere;2396143]just installed the SuperKernel thing, everything went without a hitch. the only thing that is probably going to bother people, and it seemingly already has, is it sits there and looks for the kernel and luna version and says "do not touch." I waited about a minute and then ignored it and went ahead and installed the 800mhz patch anyway. after it installed and I reloaded the program, the kernel and luna version loaded up right away (custom).

but anyway, works great and was ridiculously easy. I'm a poor grad student and have yet to donate, but I plan to after this semester which ends soon and I re-up on some funds.[/QUOTE]
    Global Posts
    1,047 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by caj2008 View Post
    Title: Super PreKernel First Generation App for the CDMA-GSM Version of the Palm Pre/Plus: WebOS1.4.0/1.4.1.1

To be honest with you, within 9 months, there will be several new phones at 1 Ghz or higher with incredible improvements in cpu architecture that may be used with WebOS so my interest in continued kernel development is waning. I always felt that work on kernels was far more minor than developers who make apps or patches that will last much farther into the future
    The latest rumors include the next webOS device from Palm having a 1gHz processor.
    Tom
    Pilot Prō --> M100 --> Trēō 600 --> Trēō 700p -- > Prē
    Global Posts
    96 Global Posts
    What are the odds. I have been wanting to smash my phone on the pavement cause its so freakin SLOW these days. So I jump on the forums and wonder why I haven't heard anything on an 800MHz update and Caj happens to post this morning!!! Seriously overkill post-production on the youtube video btw. I hope Palm is still around in a year, and they have a better product, but the past year has been really tough for me and my pre. I will be moving on to the Evo shortly. I think I will keep my Pre though, as I want to do some Ares development.
    Fantastic Job!
    I just installed the 800mhz kernel via Super. My BogoMIPS = 717.22
    Awesome ... awesome ... awesome! Installed so smoothly. Great instructions. Great video. App runs very smooth. Thanks guys!
    Quote Originally Posted by PreMium View Post
    Hi, I installed SuperPre Kernel. When I run it , it seems to get stuck determining Kernel Version...
    turn off auto gc in jstop app if prekernel is sticking on determining kernel installed process.
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    Global Posts
    49 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by gangland View Post
    [

they did all this hard work for free and you cryin cause it take a min to load or what ever. Ungrateful

you should be kissing the ground they walk on.. It takes a min man go to sleep

QUOTE=belvedere;2396143]just installed the SuperKernel thing, everything went without a hitch. the only thing that is probably going to bother people, and it seemingly already has, is it sits there and looks for the kernel and luna version and says "do not touch." I waited about a minute and then ignored it and went ahead and installed the 800mhz patch anyway. after it installed and I reloaded the program, the kernel and luna version loaded up right away (custom).

but anyway, works great and was ridiculously easy. I'm a poor grad student and have yet to donate, but I plan to after this semester which ends soon and I re-up on some funds.
    I was just pointing something out you troll. Like 1 or 2 posts before mine someone was unsure of what to do because it said it was still checking their kernel and Luna version. Learn to quote correctly.
    Last edited by bevcraw; 04/21/2010 at 05:55 PM. Reason: personal attack
    Quote Originally Posted by peterlemonjello View Post
    I just installed the 800mhz kernel via Super. My BogoMIPS = 717.22
    uninstall the kernel then install the 720 and then check speed is good and then uninstall and reinstall 800 and check speed. Don't believe what the app says is installed check via command line please. If this does not work uninstall both ipks in webos qi and reinstall app. Or use prewear to uninstall both ipks and reinstall.
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    Global Posts
    341 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by edoeding View Post
    got JStop running the AutoGC? if so, quit that and then try opening up SuperPre again.
    No problems starting GC again after install, right?
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadavis08 View Post
    uninstall the kernel then install the 720 and then check speed is good and then uninstall and reinstall 800 and check speed. Don't believe what the app says is installed check via command line please. If this does not work uninstall both ipks in webos qi and reinstall app. Or use prewear to uninstall both ipks and reinstall.
    Thanks, I'll try that. FWIW, I checked the BogoMIPS = 717.22 via Terminal. Not the app.
    So it looks like a semi common issue. If you can figure out whats going on with the lower then expected clock speeds there may be a nice donation/reward coming your way :P (I was going to donate anyway after I had it all sorted out)
    I watched the vid, skimmed the tutorial and installed. Nice, simple and straight forward. Thanks very much to everyone who worked on this project!
    Quote Originally Posted by PreMium View Post
    Hi, I installed SuperPre Kernel. When I run it , it seems to get stuck determining Kernel Version...
    That happens occasionally on the reboot if you close the app and reopen it won't hang. Also make sure you are using the latest webosqi 3.11. I installed and reinstalled several times this weekend to test for bugs for caj.
    Did you ever see it not return the speed you selected as several of us are encountering? only getting 597 whether I install 720 or 800 patch...
    Global Posts
    22 Global Posts
    I love this. Thanks pete and caj and the rest. Everything went smooth except once I pressed to install the 720 kernel, it displayed the 'do not to touch' message for over 20 minutes. So I plugged in my usb cable to give it some juice, and at that point it rebooted itself. Once it did reboot, command line shows correct speed and all. (the 800Mhz kernel was too much for my day of release pre - kept having random reboots and heating issues, so I'm giving the 720 a go.) If the 720 behaves the same, I'll blame it on other patches I have installed and just go back to the 800... now that it's so easy to switch! I can put up with a few random reboots.
    Global Posts
    341 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SqyArc View Post
    rpankoe: Displaying cat /proc/cpuinfo in the app is one of the paid features of number1pete's CPU Scaler app. I'd definitely encourage you to purchase it if you'd like this feature - remember the more we support our developers the more they develop and the more cool stuff we 'normal' people get
    I was unaware that this was an option in the other app. I donated for CPUScalerUltimate. Thanks. Keep up the good work!
    Last edited by rpankoe; 04/21/2010 at 04:48 PM.
    try uninstalling then installing with preware. Let us know if that helps.

thanks,

number1pete

Quote Originally Posted by tacroy View Post
    I am having the issue where after an apparently successful 800 install bogoMIPS is showing only 597 instead of 797 I have now uninstalled / redownloaded / re-installed 2 times and still have the same result. I have also separately installed the cpuScalerUber version and tried to set my cpu speed via that method after having the super prekernal installed to 800. Even when I use that program to set it to 800 bogoMIPS still shows as 597 and there is not an apparent speed increase.

I have tested it with the 720 kernel and have the same issue where it reports in bogoMIPS as 597

I just want to thank you so much for your work on this! Please don't let my issues be construed as criticism or frustration. Just trying to troubleshoot and help troubleshoot!

Here is my full cat /proc/cpuinfo output if that helps!
    root@palm-webos-device: cat /proc/cpuinfo
    Processor : ARMv7 Processor rev 3 (v7l)
    BogoMIPS : 597.68
    Features : swp half thumb fastmult vfp edsp
    CPU implementer : 0x41
    CPU architecture: 7
    CPU variant : 0x1
    CPU part : 0xc08
    CPU revision : 3
    Control reg : 0xc5387f
    Aux control reg : 0x42
    L1 instruction cache:
    features : read-alloc
    size : 16 KB
    assoc : 4
    line length : 64
    sets : 64
    L1 data cache:
    features : write-through write-back read-alloc
    size : 16 KB
    assoc : 4
    sets : 64
    L2 unified cache:
    features : write-through write-back read-alloc write-alloc
    size : 256 KB
    assoc : 8
    sets : 512
    Cache LoC : 2
    Cache LoU : 1
    root@palm-webos-device:
    Internet Radio - the best beats on the web

CPUScaling app L337Tech post

Super PreKernel app

If you appreciated any of my help, enjoy any of my apps that I give away for free, or want to see more development from me, think about making a donation. Thanks!
    me troll read page 1. Guess you didn't so who's the troll.sorry for clogging up thread but we got ungratefull ppl

Quote Originally Posted by belvedere View Post
    I was just pointing something out you troll. Like 1 or 2 posts before mine someone was unsure of what to do because it said it was still checking their kernel and Luna version. Learn to quote correctly you moron.
    Installed them with Preware. Still BogoMIPS: 597.68
Page 4 of 23 FirstFirst 123456789 14 ... LastLast