Page 3 of 23 FirstFirst 12345678 13 ... LastLast
    Jeremy, let's try and fix your problem.

Have you been installing via WebOS Quick Install?

If so then the first thing you need to do is go Tools -> Device Management and uninstall anything Super PreKernel related (it sounds as if the larger file has installed whereas the smaller one hasn't - this could pose a future problem edit: could be why your the version you installed over Preware hasn't worked).

You need to remove the file that installed because it's important that the small file is installed first.

The error that you got included this warning "Cannot find package com.l337tech.kernelinstaller."

So it's possible that your file is corrupt or that you moved the file (or deleted it - unlikely I know) after you entered it into WOSQI and before installing it. More likely to be a damaged file.

So here are the steps you should take:

1) Remove any Super PreKernel packages
    2) Uninstall any 550, 600, 720 or 800 patches/kernels previously applied
    3) Redownload both files
    4) Try again, being sure to install the small file first and the large one second.

Let me know if you have any further problems
    SqyArc

Edit: I think the reason the kernel is not applying properly is because you had previously installed the large file - best to uninstall it all and start again
    Last edited by SqyArc; 04/21/2010 at 11:36 AM.
    Global Posts
    219 Global Posts
    I have also had an issue where I installed the 800 kernel however my bogoMIPS is reporting 597 instead of 796ish.

I had NO kernels or overclock apps or patches previously installed. I DID have a few NON-CPU patches (email all read, 4x4v3, real mute)

I downloaded new versions of quick install and webosDoctor using the links in the pdf file

I then set my device to dev mode, connected and selected "charge only" opened quick install. Dragged the files in and made very sure that the small one was first and clicked install. I copied and installed the files and they appeared on my pre.

I then disconnected my pre from the pc and ran the app choosing the 800 option. It sat there for a while, then reset.Upon re-set I checked the bogMIPS and saw 597.

I then uninstalled the custom kernel via the process above. Verified that I was returned to 497.

I then tried to reinstall the 800 kernel with the exact same results.

I am now going to uninstall the 800 kernel back to stock. Remove the files via quick install and start over.
    my question to the mods can you using quickinstall install the ipk files one at a time (drag small ipk file first click install, then larger file second then install). Also can you use the custom feed in preware and install the file from there.
    The small file first,larger one followed then when both files are in the webos quick installer,then press big button install. please watch the tutorial video. It's not that complicated. lol
    Global Posts
    341 Global Posts
    Suggest putting a button in Super PreKernel that runs the cat /proc/cpuinfo so that people can see what they're currently running at..
    rpankoe: Displaying cat /proc/cpuinfo in the app is one of the paid features of number1pete's CPU Scaler app. I'd definitely encourage you to purchase it if you'd like this feature - remember the more we support our developers the more they develop and the more cool stuff we 'normal' people get
    Its people like you guys that makes our Palm community what it is. I do truly appreciate all the time and efforts you put forth. Thank you!
    Quote Originally Posted by jeremy9174 View Post
    Ok, installed the kernel but its only reporting 597.68

"Processor : ARMv7 Processor rev 3 (v7l)
    BogoMIPS : 597.68
    Features : swp half thumb fastmult vfp edsp
    CPU implementer : 0x41
    CPU architecture: 7
    CPU variant : 0x1
    CPU part : 0xc08
    CPU revision : 3
    Control reg : 0xc5387f
    Aux control reg : 0x42"
    open back up super prekernel and see if it tells you that a custom kernel is installed on your phone. If so, use one of the cpuscaler apps to adjust your speed.

if super prekernel says that the defualt kernel is installed, then something went wrong with the installation. Either try again, or reinstall the superprekernel service.

thanks,

number1pete
    Internet Radio - the best beats on the web

CPUScaling app L337Tech post

Super PreKernel app

If you appreciated any of my help, enjoy any of my apps that I give away for free, or want to see more development from me, think about making a donation. Thanks!
    Global Posts
    266 Global Posts
    Installed by following instructions. Disconnected Pre from computer and device would not unlock. Padlock icon present but when moved out of area unlock screen remained though padlock disappeared. Had to remove battery, seems fine after reboot but is taking a while to determine which Kernel and LunaSysMngr versions I have installed - does the 'do not push anything yet' eventually disappear?
    You're invited to follow me on Twitter
    Quote Originally Posted by number1pete View Post
    open back up super prekernel and see if it tells you that a custom kernel is installed on your phone. If so, use one of the cpuscaler apps to adjust your speed.

if super prekernel says that the defualt kernel is installed, then something went wrong with the installation. Either try again, or reinstall the superprekernel service.

thanks,

number1pete
    Ok, did a full remove, uninstall and reinstall and it works, but its still showing 597. So the CPU scaler program will fix my issues? Do you know why this is happening? is something messed up with my phone?
    Global Posts
    58 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by laze View Post
    Installed by following instructions. Disconnected Pre from computer and device would not unlock. Padlock icon present but when moved out of area unlock screen remained though padlock disappeared. Had to remove battery, seems fine after reboot but is taking a while to determine which Kernel and LunaSysMngr versions I have installed - does the 'do not push anything yet' eventually disappear?

got JStop running the AutoGC? if so, quit that and then try opening up SuperPre again.
    Do we have to completely uninstall the CPU SCALER ULTIMATE before we upgrade to the SUPER kernel?
    Thanks
    *Patchers STILL make this phone Perfect!
    Palm Devices Currently Owned: Pre, Pre Plus, Pre 2, Pre 3, Pixi, Veer, Touchpads, and too many touchstones!
    you can also check the cpuscaler to see what your running at, I too had a issue after using QI (which installed the files fine) but the phone froze after selecting 800mhz in the superkernal program and had to hold down the power button down for awhile then it finally rebooted. Though the phone is running at the required speed according to the cpu scaler. Great application
    no you dont have to unistall the cpu scaler applications.
    Hi, I have the exact same results as jeremy9174, did the install carefully, and seems to have worked, except with the 800mhz patch it shows 597ish speed. Do I need a second app to get it to use the full 800mhz?

Update: Uninstalled & verified 497ish speed, tapped on 720 this time and it installed. Checked the app, says I already have one installed, removed 800mhz from list (rather than 720 - maybe this doesn't matter). Checked cpuinfo and once again at 597ish speed.
    Last edited by nkbme; 04/21/2010 at 01:38 PM. Reason: update on tests..
    Global Posts
    242 Global Posts
    Hi, I installed SuperPre Kernel. When I run it , it seems to get stuck determining Kernel Version...
    If you install one link at a time,you might get problems. both link should be installed together,remove all kernel mod prior to installation. you don't have to remove cpu scaling app,
    Global Posts
    49 Global Posts
    just installed the SuperKernel thing, everything went without a hitch. the only thing that is probably going to bother people, and it seemingly already has, is it sits there and looks for the kernel and luna version and says "do not touch." I waited about a minute and then ignored it and went ahead and installed the 800mhz patch anyway. after it installed and I reloaded the program, the kernel and luna version loaded up right away (custom).

but anyway, works great and was ridiculously easy. I'm a poor grad student and have yet to donate, but I plan to after this semester which ends soon and I re-up on some funds.
    Global Posts
    219 Global Posts
    I am having the issue where after an apparently successful 800 install bogoMIPS is showing only 597 instead of 797 I have now uninstalled / redownloaded / re-installed 2 times and still have the same result. I have also separately installed the cpuScalerUber version and tried to set my cpu speed via that method after having the super prekernal installed to 800. Even when I use that program to set it to 800 bogoMIPS still shows as 597 and there is not an apparent speed increase.

I have tested it with the 720 kernel and have the same issue where it reports in bogoMIPS as 597

I just want to thank you so much for your work on this! Please don't let my issues be construed as criticism or frustration. Just trying to troubleshoot and help troubleshoot!

Here is my full cat /proc/cpuinfo output if that helps!
    root@palm-webos-device: cat /proc/cpuinfo
    Processor : ARMv7 Processor rev 3 (v7l)
    BogoMIPS : 597.68
    Features : swp half thumb fastmult vfp edsp
    CPU implementer : 0x41
    CPU architecture: 7
    CPU variant : 0x1
    CPU part : 0xc08
    CPU revision : 3
    Control reg : 0xc5387f
    Aux control reg : 0x42
    L1 instruction cache:
    features : read-alloc
    size : 16 KB
    assoc : 4
    line length : 64
    sets : 64
    L1 data cache:
    features : write-through write-back read-alloc
    size : 16 KB
    assoc : 4
    sets : 64
    L2 unified cache:
    features : write-through write-back read-alloc write-alloc
    size : 256 KB
    assoc : 8
    sets : 512
    Cache LoC : 2
    Cache LoU : 1
    root@palm-webos-device:
    Last edited by tacroy; 04/21/2010 at 02:10 PM. Reason: new info
    Global Posts
    63 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tacroy View Post
    I am having the issue where after an apperantly successful 800 install bogoMIPS is showing only 597 instead of 797 I have now uninstalled / redownloaded / re-installed 2 times and still have the same result. I have also separately installed the cpuScalerUber version and tried to set my cpu speed via that method after having the super prekernal installed to 800. Even when I use that program to set it to 800 bogoMIPS still shows as 597 and there is not an apparent speed increase.
    I'm having the same issue as well...
Page 3 of 23 FirstFirst 12345678 13 ... LastLast