Page 23 of 23 FirstFirst ... 13181920212223
    Thanks. Yea!!! My tenth post.
    Quote Originally Posted by caj2008 View Post
    That version 1.4.2. and older version 1.4.1 is flawed. Only install current version through WOSQI and from first page of thread (newer error free version).

Thanks caj, I just wanted to make sure that the correct version installed correctly. So, the service should say 1.4.3, and SPK app itself should reflect 1.4.2, correct?
    Quote Originally Posted by thatsjustwrong View Post
    thanks. Yea!!! My tenth post.
    me too yea!!!
    Verizon: Os1.41 update coming uninstall frequency in spk but keep app during update. After update you can reinstall frequency from app.
    Yep I did that and it works great.
    Payday's tomorrow so donation on it's way.
    Thanks again Caj

Samsung Fascinate Rooted
    Global Posts
    21 Global Posts
    I've been following this thread with interest. I previously was a member of the 600 club. I got around to installing this update and it went smoothly, and I'm now running at 800. You just can't beat this community. Thanks!
    Global Posts
    60 Global Posts
    Now that Verizon has the 1.4.1 update, I've installed this. I've got it set to 600 mhz and it definitely seems faster. I'm going to use this for a couple of days and then switch to 720 to test it out.

Thanks for the great, easy to use app!
    I had the 800ipk with CPU ultimate. I now have the superkernel installed and set at 800. I am no longer using CPU Ultimate. I am not a heavy user, have a Seidio 2600 battery, and can sometimes go 2 days without charging. I love the way my phone responds now. Do I need to use CPU Ultimate? What is the main purpose? Is it primarily to save your battery, or to save the phone?
    Quote Originally Posted by firemandave View Post
    I had the 800ipk with CPU ultimate. I now have the superkernel installed and set at 800. I am no longer using CPU Ultimate. I am not a heavy user, have a Seidio 2600 battery, and can sometimes go 2 days without charging. I love the way my phone responds now. Do I need to use CPU Ultimate? What is the main purpose? Is it primarily to save your battery, or to save the phone?
    yes its to help conserve battery power
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    Global Posts
    27 Global Posts
    Can you install Govnah while running the SPK? Are they compatible?
    Quote Originally Posted by f22loader View Post
    im not sure if they are compatible or not to be honest . someone else may be able to answer that.
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    Quote Originally Posted by f22loader View Post
    Since all the kernels have the same CPU scaling control interface (see http://forums.precentral.net/showpost.php?p=2412077 for details of the ways in which all the kernels are identical), then any application (e.g. Govnah or CPUScaler) will be able to use that CPU scaling control interface to control those parameters. Of course various kernels have different available governors and different default settings, but for the governors available in the kernel you wish to use, the parameters can be controlled by any of the apps that use that interface.

The internal CPU temperature sensor functionality will of course only work on those kernels that have that feature built into them. The source code for that kernel patch is available for any group to include the functionality. Hopefully all kernels will have it soon.

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    I am sorry but I will not able to support this product beyond WebOS1.42. This is due to all the public bickering about which kernels are better, unnecessary behind the back politics between kernel originators, constant attacks by said originators, personal attacks, and my firm belief this concept has unnecessarily divided the community.
    I'm truly sorry that you feel that way. I personally think you have done an unsurpassed outstanding selfless job in safely introducing overclocking to a wide range of users in the community, and providing the current generation of packaging solutions and installation solutions for thousands of webOS users. I hope you haven't taken objective technical comparisons of the different solutions by users of those solutions to be personal attacks.

As developers, we should focus on all the things that are the same about the different overclocking solutions, and build upon each others work for the greater good of the community. There are so many things that are identical, that for 90% of the users it doesn't really matter which kernel they use, once it's installed and configured properly. We should focus on open and interoperable solutions so that the users can choose whichever solution best fits their needs (just like what happens today with WOSQI and Preware, where the two different development groups work together on interoperability standards for packaging homebrew).

I was truly hoping that we would be able to get the internal CPU temperature kernel patch included in all the overclocking kernels that are available, so that the multiple controlling and monitoring applications would all have access to that information. I've published the source code and build instructions for building webOS kernels, and hope that yourself or whoever else continues development of these packages will consider including that feature.

Just this morning I was discussing with Jason how we can work together to add the Palm warranty disclaimer in the same way for both WOSQI and Preware so that people who want to use these overclocking solutions will no longer have to add custom feeds to access webOS version specific overclocking kernels.

Just like PreGame and fileCoaster hold a special place in the history of on-device application installers, you will also continue to hold a similar place in the glorious webOS history for being the first to bring overclocking safely to the masses.

-- Rod
    Last edited by rwhitby; 04/29/2010 at 10:56 PM.
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    Caj you have done a great job and put your heart and soul into the project. I only hope that you will reconsider your decision. We can not afford to lose high quality developers like yourself. Thanks for the work you did on this and once again I hope you do not abandon the great work you have done.
    Quote Originally Posted by rlanza1054 View Post
    UPDATE: Just disovered that my USB partition was wiped clean and as if it was in a factory default state! How did that happen!

I do use xorg tools to back up, so I might be able to restore most of it, but how do you get back all the apps? I mean, if I restored the media partition to everything from last night, would it see all those apps now, if they are stored in that crypto thing.

Thanks all!

Rob
    That sounds suspiciously like either a Palm Profile reset or the kind of USB partition wipe that the Palm boot code does if it finds a filesystem error in the USB media filesystem. Unfortunately, both of those things are not recoverable.

Are you running any sort of overclocking?

-- Rod

My answer was yes! The superkernal which I just upgraded to yesterday, I had been running the 800 previous versions before that, so I am not new the having the overclocking on my Pre.

Is this of use to anyone?

Rob

PS Still trying to figure out how to get restored.
    Note that I strongly doubt that any specific overclocking solution compared to another would cause this (the behaviour of all the kernels would be identical as far as this is concerned, so the fact that Rob was running one kernel versus another is not really relevant), but filesystem corruption is always a possible outcome of running a CPU outside of it's guaranteed specification limits.

Of course there are many other possible reasons why this could have happened as well, so people should not take this as conclusive evidence of any kind.

-- Rod
    Quote Originally Posted by ujsc View Post
    Preware issue? Use WOSQI in WebOS Internal feed-all, try emergency reconstruction utility and/or emergency file verifcation utility. Worked for me unclocked when phone went haywire, restored all my apps to there former glory
    Unfortunately, this doesn't have the same symptoms as an ipkg status file corruption (which is what the emergency reconstruction utility fixes). It would be trivial to repair if it did.

The only case in the Palm boot code where the complete USB partition is forcibly wiped is when it detects an unrecoverable filesystem error.

User programs like simply Preware cannot cause that (cause all filesystem operations go through the kernel) - this looks very much like corruption of the filesystem by the CPU execution of kernel code, which is always a possibility when overclocking, no matter what method or specific kernel is used.

-- Rod
    Last edited by rwhitby; 04/30/2010 at 12:07 AM.

Moderator, please close this thread
    <<done>>
    Just call me Berd.
Page 23 of 23 FirstFirst ... 13181920212223