Page 21 of 23 FirstFirst ... 111617181920212223 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Leke View Post
    Sorry but I keep getting this error myself any ideas? I see the icon and select a kernal and it just loops.

Well, if you got the error on the first file and the second file seemed to install fine, you are trying to run the app without the service. It won't work.

You will need to uninstall the app. Shut off phone and turn back on. Then try it in the proper order again. I would recommend only installing the service until it goes without a hitch. Then install the app.

I know the isntructions seem long and tedious but make sure you follow every step, to include removing preware and the package manager service then re-install them with the lastest version of WOSQI, making sure to install the package manager service first.
    Global Posts
    603 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by pastorrich1 View Post
    Well, if you got the error on the first file and the second file seemed to install fine, you are trying to run the app without the service. It won't work.

You will need to uninstall the app. Shut off phone and turn back on. Then try it in the proper order again. I would recommend only installing the service until it goes without a hitch. Then install the app.

I know the isntructions seem long and tedious but make sure you follow every step, to include removing preware and the package manager service then re-install them with the lastest version of WOSQI, making sure to install the package manager service first.
    Oh wait so I have to install Preware to have this? I thought this was a way to install w/o having to use preware? Last time all I had to do was install with commands
    Oh wait so I have to install Preware to have this? I thought this was a way to install w/o having to use preware? Last time all I had to do was install with commands
    You don't use Preware to install it.... but the package manager and preware are what allow this type of file to be installed if I understand it correctly.
    Global Posts
    603 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by pastorrich1 View Post
    You don't use Preware to install it.... but the package manager and preware are what allow this type of file to be installed if I understand it correctly.
    Is there a way to install w/o having to use package manager and preware. can we still use the old method of using commands?
    Is there a way to install w/o having to use package manager and preware. can we still use the old method of using commands?
    That, I cannot answer. I would expect it would be a fairly complex set of command lines if it were possible.

Installing the package manager and preware are just a couple of clicks in WOSQI, why the aversion to it?

If you don't want them, then remove them after you get the SPK app installed.
    Quote Originally Posted by mespiff View Post
    I have installed this ap / kernel and am running at 800 MHz -- everything appears to be solid -- i feel that this 800 MHz kernel drains my battery somewhat faster that the 800MHz ipkg kernel did -- i am going to give it a day or two to stabalize and see. thanks again for the great work
    I've installed the new SPK last night very easy, everything works good( I mean fast), normal battery heating w/o any battery draining, untill now ALL GOOD!!!
    Worked great (and continues too as well!)

Thanks!
    Seems to work well. Is it ok to run 720 on the Pre for long periods of time. I use games, email, internet, phone,etc. I did put the temperature patch on it, but is there any other way to monitor the temperature?

Should I run the 600 patch to be safe or is 720 fine for everyday use?
    Quote Originally Posted by caj2008 View Post
    I have had 800 on my phones for the longest...no issues. If uncomfortable use 720 or 600 or 550 that is the baeuty of this app. You can switch frequencies and even scale frequencies in combination with Number1Petes cpu scaling apps.
    I assume that the following cpu scaling script will also work with your kernel, correct?

http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...mhz-patch.html
    I love the Super PreKernal & CPU ScalerUltimate apps. What has been the best setting for speed & battery life...just using set speeds (800,720,600 or 550) via Super PreKernal or scaling? If scaling is best, what setting is best?
    Enjoy the new app.

If you installed earlier version 1.4.1 or 1.4.2, please remove according to pdf tutorial and replacwpe with this enhanced more stable version.

24hr update
    38c highest temp while on Touchstone
    Battery drain, same with or without patch
    I did install the alert patch but it hasn't gone off.

Everything opens in less than a second.

Thanks again for the work on this!

Samsung Fascinate Rooted
    Question for Number1pete. When will the CPUScalerUltimate be available again?
    caj2008

or anyone who knows the answer

How do you know if yur cpu is ok runnung the scaler at the 250MHz or 125MHz freq. What are the signs to look for?

does the different scaling freq. affect the battery life differently?
    Last edited by bodyshop; 04/28/2010 at 07:00 PM.
    Caj I uninstalled the original kernal and service with WOSQI as per instructions. Reinstalled new kernel and service the same way, of course with the smaller file first as required. Everything went perfect once again, no issues what so ever. CPU Scaler is working perfect and it seems everything is smoother, and less jerky.

I did this at 10 am this morning my time in NY. I used my phone a lot today, with web access, calls, text messaging and adding back some apps through preware. My phone tonight at 10pm was at 39% with my battery. In addition I do not use a touchstone but I have a snap on case which I think makes the phone keep heat in. When I charged my phone tonight battery temp was 38 degrees. Previously it was always at 41 degrees.

You nailed it! I will make sure I tell everyone about this on the site that I moderate on! Also look for another donation. The work and the results that you guys have accomplished is phenominal.

Djrider
    DJ you and other members who write of their experiences good and bad are the reason I stay motivated to learn!
    Well you have done more than learned, you mastered this one. I look forward to the work you, Jason, Pete and uniexpyscho have to come. I don't know if you heard HP bought Palm. I think it is a step in the right direction.

Donation sent again,,,,,you deserve it!
    Verizon: Os1.41 update coming uninstall frequency in spk but keep app during update. After update you can reinstall frequency from app.
    Just did the Verizon Update and followed the instructions....WORKS GREAT!

Thanks Boys!

Treo 600 -> Treo 650 -> Treo 700P -> Treo 800W -> Launch Day Pre (RIP 08/13/10) -> Replacement PRE
    I just updated my SPK app to the latest and greatest, my question is, I had SPK srvc v1.4.2, and SPK v1.4.2. I removed, downloaded the latest versions, reinstalled. It is working perfect as expected, but my question is, should the SPK version be 1.4.3 as the new srvc file is? My SPK version is still reflecting 1.4.2, should this be 1.4.3? or do I have it updated?
    I was just wondering if it was cool to always run my pre at 800MHz or should I go back to stock when I'm not using it that often? (by the way awesome job guy's)
    I was going to return my Pre Plus, but no longer feel like I need to. Now I have to open a paypal account to make a donation.l THANKS
    will you be adding cpu temperature support to this ap/kenel in the future? -- is there any way you can compare super prekernel to the uber kernel?

thanks so much for all of your hard work
    -------------------------------------------------------------------
    Rob Chilcott

Twitter @robchilcott
    pre2
    " I am only a stupid electrician after all"

My house is a webOS house
    My pre 2, Touchpad 32g
    Wife Pixi, touchpad 32gb
    Daughter -- my old pre+
    of course my 16 year old son has and droid incredible but i think i remeber finding him on the porch