Page 2 of 23 FirstFirst 1234567 12 ... LastLast
    hi number1pete. i have the ultimate cpu scaler 2.1.1 should i uninstall it and install the versions you uploaded today to Index of /webos/apps
    or am i ok?

thanks
    Can I just download it from the custom feed, or do I need to do webosqi method?
    Quote Originally Posted by GridIron21 View Post
    I'm sort of confused - what's the difference between this app and CpuScaling (ultimate version)?
    GridIron21:
    CpuScaler allows your device to scale between a low frequency (slow processor) to a high frequency (fast processor) as needed. But to use this feature you need to have previously installed a custom kernel or patch (which is what Super PreKernel is for).

Super PreKernel is an app that actually installs the custom kernel or patch (it can uninstall them too) - so in fact the two apps work well together, but they each have their own use.

Quote Originally Posted by boerner View Post
    boerner:
    You should be able to download this through Preware using the custom feed supplied.
    Quote Originally Posted by ericizzy1 View Post
    hi number1pete. i have the ultimate cpu scaler 2.1.1 should i uninstall it and install the versions you uploaded today to Index of /webos/apps
    or am i ok?

thanks
    you can just install super prekernel. CPUScalerUltimate is unaffected. Super Prekernel will figure out if your using a custom kernel or not.

Quote Originally Posted by boerner View Post
    either or...lol

thanks,

number1pete
    Internet Radio - the best beats on the web

CPUScaling app L337Tech post

Super PreKernel app

If you appreciated any of my help, enjoy any of my apps that I give away for free, or want to see more development from me, think about making a donation. Thanks!
    great job people will donate as usual
    "ERROR: An error occured while attempting to install .com.l337tech.superkernelinstaller_1.4.1_armv7.ipk

Clearing state_wante and state_flag for pkg=com.l337tech.kernelinstaller (arch_priority=0 flag=16 want=2)
    An error occured, return value: 4
    Collected errors:
    Cannot find package com.l337tech.kernelinstaller.
    Check the spelling or perhaps run 'ipkg update'"

Any ideas? Just webos doctored my phone before installing this so it should be clean.

Edit: Ok so that was for the first part, the smaller one, and the larger file looked like it installed properly, i havent run the application yet, what should i do from here?
    If I install Super PreKernel via the custom feed in Preware, does it install the necessary service along with it, or does that still need to be installed manually through WebOS Quick Install? I did not see the service listed separately on the l337tech custom feed in Preware.
    did you put the smaller one on quickinstall first then the larger one second
    If I install Super PreKernel via the custom feed in Preware, does it install the necessary service along with it, or does that still need to be installed manually through WebOS Quick Install? I did not see the service listed separately on the l337tech custom feed in Preware.

my question as well as if I have the 800mhz ipk do I need to unistall that first before applying this through preware
    Quote Originally Posted by wellwellwell11 View Post
    did you put the smaller one on quickinstall first then the larger one second
    If your asking me, yes I did.
    did you have any other kernal installed prior to installing the superkernal: ex the 800mhz ipk or .sh file.
    did you have any other kernal installed prior to installing the superkernal: ex the 800mhz ipk or .sh file.
    Yes but i have removed it, if i look at my cpu speed in the linux command line it says 497mhz or whatever.
    Thank you so much for all your hard work. As soon as I can stem some funds I will pass them along. Not only for the "product" that you give us, but for the knowledge that you also pass along with it so that we all can share and learn.

Thank you!
    try and check your device managment in QI and see if the super kernal is installed on your device if not try to install it again if so remove it restart your phone then try to install it again. That worked for me since I had a similar issue.
    Super Video as well! Thanks for all your hard work! Will donate after next pay check.
    try and check your device managment in QI and see if the super kernal is installed on your device if not try to install it again if so remove it restart your phone then try to install it again. That worked for me since I had a similar issue.
    Ok well I installed preware and the package manager, rebooted, and then the files installed properly. The program looks good, installing a kernel now.
    ok
    Everyone who is having problems with the super kernel,PLEASE GO AND WATCH THE VIDEO AND ALSO THE TUTORIAL STEP BY STEP PROCEDURE... BOTH APP AND INSTALLER SHOULD BE PLACE IN THE BOX TOGETHER.
    Quote Originally Posted by jeremy9174 View Post
    Ok well I installed preware and the package manager, rebooted, and then the files installed properly. The program looks good, installing a kernel now.
    Ok, installed the kernel but its only reporting 597.68

"Processor : ARMv7 Processor rev 3 (v7l)
    BogoMIPS : 597.68
    Features : swp half thumb fastmult vfp edsp
    CPU implementer : 0x41
    CPU architecture: 7
    CPU variant : 0x1
    CPU part : 0xc08
    CPU revision : 3
    Control reg : 0xc5387f
    Aux control reg : 0x42"
    Quote Originally Posted by rush View Post
    Everyone who is having problems with the super kernel,PLEASE GO AND WATCH THE VIDEO AND ALSO THE TUTORIAL STEP BY STEP PROCEDURE... BOTH APP AND INSTALLER SHOULD BE PLACE IN THE BOX TOGETHER.
    I have followed it step by step, I haven't tried caps lock yet though...
Page 2 of 23 FirstFirst 1234567 12 ... LastLast