Page 18 of 23 FirstFirst ... 81314151617181920212223 LastLast
    Global Posts
    458 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadavis08 View Post
    you have two ipks to uninstall . if your using preware to uninstal one will be in the app category and the other will be in services category
    Uninstalled both, with preware. Both removed but kernel remained!
    Quote Originally Posted by Spikea4 View Post
    Uninstalled both, with preware. Both removed but kernel remained!
    open preware in your phone and look in the installed apps category under services and check and see if there is a superprekernel still installed in there
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    You could try the recovery kernel in Preware.
    Quote Originally Posted by pastorrich1 View Post
    You could try the recovery kernel in Preware.
    he does not need a recovery kernel . his phone is running at the correct speed he just want to get rid of the old kernel left on the phone
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    Quote Originally Posted by caj2008 View Post
    You need to unintall 800 frequenct then Pre off/on and check speed again
    speed is fine its just a stuck file that did not delete when uninstalled
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Global Posts
    458 Global Posts
    open preware in your phone and look in the installed apps category under services and check and see if there is a superprekernel still installed in there
    Just did again and it is not installed. Services isn't either.
    I uninstalled superkernel the same way I installed it. Everything seemed to uninstall. Checked cpu and it was still at 800MHz. Checked with internalz /var/home/root/ and "ockernel-bar.tar" still remains. Any ideas? Thanks
    Sorry, I thought he said his phone was still running at 800 MHz.
    did you restart phone after uninstalling the kernel and deleting the app ?
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    its kool
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Global Posts
    458 Global Posts
    Is the old Super PreKernel? You need to unintall 800 frequenct then Pre off/on and check speed again. Remeber you have to uninstall two ipks to remove app
    Yes, it is the old superkernel. Both ipks were uninstalled, but the file remained. The speed is still at 800MHz and still can be scaled.
    Global Posts
    458 Global Posts
    did you restart phone after uninstalling the kernel and deleting the app ?
    Yes, did a restart. didn't work. will try again. The phone is running at 800MHz still!
    Global Posts
    458 Global Posts
    It is running 800MHz.
    It is running 800MHz.
    did you get my pm ?
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    I got in on the alpha a bit late, and didn't have a chance to try it before it went public. I was in the 600 club -- stuck at 600MHz on the previous release.

Right after I requested access to the alpha version, I removed the original Super Pre Kernel, installed the 800MHz ipkg, and it worked fine all day today. I have since removed the 800MHz ipkg and followed caj2008's instructions, and it the new version installed flawlessly. cat /proc/cpuinfo shows 796.91 bogomips

best of all, the phone is so fast now

Thanks caj for all your hard work putting this together!
    Just installed the latest version of this, and it went without a hitch. Thanks, Jeff!
    Wow realy didn think it got much better than the last version, but the execution in the new app is unbelievably smooth. I am realy loving it, if you are in two minds about overclocking this app should seal the deal in convincing you to overclock.
    App has been redesigned. I now know why people had issues, all fixed.
    I installed the new ap it seems to be working great -but i feel stupid -- i know that you mentioned that the ap and kernels would be in the first post on this thread -- i got so excited when you said that it was ready that i started following the links in your signiture -- i read and re reread all of your threads before i realized i was on the wrong path -- ssooooo i am writing this in case someone else is lost

thanks for all of your hard sleepless work
    -------------------------------------------------------------------
    Rob Chilcott

Twitter @robchilcott
    pre2
    " I am only a stupid electrician after all"

My house is a webOS house
    My pre 2, Touchpad 32g
    Wife Pixi, touchpad 32gb
    Daughter -- my old pre+
    of course my 16 year old son has and droid incredible but i think i remeber finding him on the porch
    working great for me so far too!!!!! Thank you!!!!!!!!!!!
    Global Posts
    458 Global Posts
    1) Power off/on phone try opening app and see if 800 button lights up to uninstall. If not try installing 720 and see what it does, uses same scrit so it may let you uninstall). I do admit old SPK had few issues. New one saw no issues. If that doesnt work PM me and I will walk you through a procedure thatn hopefully doesnt require doctoring
    Thank You, for the PM and quick solution. Working great! You will be receiving my donation!
    I installed the Alpha yesterday after uninstalling the old version. Took no time and worked perfectly. One-click install/uninstall of kernel of your choice and running smooth as butter. No overheating at all and my battery life is great! Highest temp I hit was 38C after streaming for an hour while charging.

While I never had any problems installing/uninstalling the 800 MHz sh file, this is certainly more convenient and easy!

Thanks a bunch Jeff. Now go get some rest!
    Blaize, Mistress of Verbosity

Be nice until it's time to not be nice.--Dalton, "Roadhouse"