Page 16 of 23 FirstFirst ... 61112131415161718192021 ... LastLast
    is this app have an update yyet?
    PM sent regarding Alpha testing. I was able to fix the 600 mHz thing with the email instructions you sent me, but I am willing to help test the new one if you need need testers. Thanks for all your hard work.
    Will this app make it's way into preware?
    I have jumped on the bandwagon late....

But am very excited to get my feet wet after alpha testing is finished.

Thanks for all your hard work!
    I installed the super prekernel ap and thought that it was awsome --liked the idea of being a verizon user waiting on 1.4.1 and being able to take the kerel out on the fly was apealing -- I noticed a few issues that may or may not be related to the Kernel
    i was using the ipkg version of CAJ's 800 MHZ patch and the paid version of the CPU scaler before this ap after i took the patch off and added the AP...

1) my battery life went to crap -- from 3-6% at idle to 20 - 25%
    2) a few aps started acting buggy -- (Mode switcher primarily)
    3) it really screwed up the connection to my computer -- the computer would not recognize the phone - or the phone would not go into usb mode.

i deleted the ap using preware and have re-installed the 800MHz kernel and i will let you know if this changes anything

thanks

Rob
    -------------------------------------------------------------------
    Rob Chilcott

Twitter @robchilcott
    pre2
    " I am only a stupid electrician after all"

My house is a webOS house
    My pre 2, Touchpad 32g
    Wife Pixi, touchpad 32gb
    Daughter -- my old pre+
    of course my 16 year old son has and droid incredible but i think i remeber finding him on the porch
    Global Posts
    39 Global Posts
    I got the 800 MHz working thanks to caj2008 (I will be donating this week!!!). Used it over the weekend and I have had no battery issue that I have seen and temperature seems normal. Everything appears to be stable. Will keep you posted.

Thanks,
    CrazyCyber
    after a PM SPK andmy phone is working at 800mhz. Thanks.
    Likewise shoot him an email and send him a donation
    Global Posts
    25 Global Posts
    Thanks for this major upgrade to the Pre, just needed to make my 10th post so I could see download links. ;-)
    600 Club! Lol, but even 600 makes a noticeable difference. PM sent. Also would be interested in testing since I play with my Pre all day anyway lol.
    Quote Originally Posted by mespiff View Post
    I installed the super prekernel ap and thought that it was awsome --liked the idea of being a verizon user waiting on 1.4.1 and being able to take the kerel out on the fly was apealing -- I noticed a few issues that may or may not be related to the Kernel
    i was using the ipkg version of CAJ's 800 MHZ patch and the paid version of the CPU scaler before this ap after i took the patch off and added the AP...

1) my battery life went to crap -- from 3-6% at idle to 20 - 25%
    2) a few aps started acting buggy -- (Mode switcher primarily)
    3) it really screwed up the connection to my computer -- the computer would not recognize the phone - or the phone would not go into usb mode.

i deleted the ap using preware and have re-installed the 800MHz kernel and i will let you know if this changes anything

thanks

Rob
    went back to standard 800 MHZ IPKG kernel and all issues are gone -- I think i will sit out and wait for new version of super -- thanks for all of yur hard work guys
    Rob Chilcott

Twitter @robchilcott
    pre2

My pre 2, Touchpad 32g
    Wife Pixi, touchpad 32gb
    Daughter -- my old pre+
    of course my 16 year old son has and droid incredible but i think i remeber finding him on the porch
    I was running SuperPre (1.4.1) and scaling 250-800. I put the phone on the touchstone Saturday night and woke up Sunday morning to the bright blank screen. I pulled the battery to reboot. Thought it may had been the the touchstone. Later in the day I had the phone connected via usb and charging, and got the bright blank screen again. Decided it may had been something to do with the 800. I changed to 720 and scaled to 250-720. As of 5pm today...no issues. Waiting to see...
    Quote Originally Posted by caj2008 View Post
    Many changes made under the hood for the new version of Super PreKernel, I will change to new name so it isn't confused with old one. Just completing alpha testing. Should be available soon and you can use the newest improved version which fixes 600 club problem...Be patient.
    Was about to download and install Super PreKernal 1.4.2 through Preware when I stumbled upon the soon to arrive upgrade.
    I have added the L337tech feed and am anxiously awaiting the "Go ahead."!

"Be patient" ...its kinda hard when you know Christmas is about to arrive again.
    I personally will be posting the new source code as sole distributer for this freeware app on my server and posting it on page 1 of this thread. I also ask the app not be distributed off my thread by anyone other than the server on my thread. Anyone is free to download the app, but it must be done here on first post of thread.
    Whilst it is certainly good manners for people not to mirror things without discussing such with the original distributors, please note that you cannot legally restrict the redistribution of software (such as the Linux kernel used by the Palm Pre) that is licensed under the GPL (see clause 6 in GNU General Public License v2.0 - GNU Project - Free Software Foundation (FSF)).

I'm sure you didn't mean this to be a formal restriction on redistribution, but just a request for folks not to mirror any of this stuff without discussing with you first (even though they have the legal rights under the GPL to do so without notifying you if they chose to).

I personally agree with your request - it's much easier if homebrew packages only come from the original distribution site, and are not mirrored indiscriminately or repackaged by others, cause doing so causes a nightmare for those who are maintaining the packages.

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    The old version was the same script and you may have had an installation issues. Many changed made under ther hood for the new version of Super PreKernel so I will change name to new name so it isnt confused with old one. Just completing alpha testing. Should be available soon and you can use the newest improved version which fixes 600 club problem and has improved changes under the hood. Be patient.

The beauty of this app is you can choose any frequency you thinks works best with your phone in combination with cpu scaling and new temp sensors soon to become available
    when this is available will i be able to use it ? i am a verizon phone user so i have not been upgraded to 1.4.1 yet -- is it compatable with 1.4?

please ?

thanks
    Rob Chilcott

Twitter @robchilcott
    pre2

My pre 2, Touchpad 32g
    Wife Pixi, touchpad 32gb
    Daughter -- my old pre+
    Awesome!
    some people never learn !
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    Global Posts
    483 Global Posts
    Day late and a dollar short. Have been running the old command line installed 800 and never made the switch over to this. Just uninstalled the 800 to install this.....doh. Should have kept up to date I guess. Oh well, think i will use this as a first step at trouble-shooting my recent phone problems. Preware will probably come off next.
    I'm anxiously awaiting the chance to try this out. I'd also be willing to help test if more testers are needed.
    I would like to test this on my new phone .
    I am on sprint running the latest update with no patches..
    Thanks for your help
    wade