Page 15 of 23 FirstFirst ... 51011121314151617181920 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by hangman0000 View Post
    Is there a big difference between the 720 and the 800 ipk? because the 800iskilling my battery.
    no its not a big diff. but there is a difference . 720 is still good .
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    Global Posts
    930 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by caj2008 View Post
    Issues: usually resolved by an uninstall/reinstall. If that fails, please uninstall program if it isnt working for you or try a lower frequency. There is also the Uber kernel you can try. Good luck
    Not sure why that helps but seems to be running cooler now....Thanks as always.

Digg my story http://digg.com/d31Qenl?tto help raise $$$ & awareness for webOS, Palm Pre, HP.

#WebOS Internals "Telethon"#Palm Pre http://bit.ly/7q1Mc
    Thanks Caj. I'm running fine now with the cpu scaling at 500MHz-800MHz since the fix. I am willing and eager to help you out with the new one.
    Global Posts
    8 Global Posts
    I was originally having the 600 club issue, but the emailed fix worked. I'm loving the speed (800). However, ever since I installed the custom kernel, my wifi doesn't really work. It used to pick up about 4 networks in my apartment; now it only picks up mine, and only sometimes, and the signal is very faint and I can't connect.

However, I also have the modded Mobile HotSpot app for Sprint and that seems to work pretty well still, so the antenna isn't dead.

Is anyone else having this problem? Any ideas for a fix?

Sorry if this has posted elsewhere; I searched the thread but didn't see anything.

Edit: Forgot to say this before, but I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling the kernel and rebooting the device several times. No luck.
    Last edited by qwasmp; 04/25/2010 at 08:42 PM.
    Thanks for the help Jeff Iam no longer part of the 600 club btw donation has been made.
    Any idea when the files will be available again? Thanks!
    Can't wait to try this out. I have been reading about it for a while but havent given it a try yet. Hopefully I'm downloading everything needed to get started......
    Global Posts
    672 Global Posts
    Issues: usually resolved by an uninstall/reinstall. If that fails, please uninstall program if it isnt working for you or try a lower frequency. There is also the Uber kernel you can try. Good luck
    I uninstalled the 800 kernel and then reinstalled using the app and all seems great again! Thanks Caj2008, another piece of awesome work. My donations are a small price to pay for such incredible performance boost!
    I haven't been on much, and i haven't read the whole thread.
    So i apologize if this is already mentioned.
    Ever since installing this my phone will freeze on this bright screen when the screen is on for a few minutes, and the only way to reboot it is by a battery pull.
    And this still happens after uninstalling the kernel and app.
    Do i have to doctor?
    If the only one who knows the truth about a terrible secret is unaware they hold the answer to a mystery that could mean life or death.
    The search for the key leads to the most dangerous place in the world, the human mind.
    Tried to install the app yesterday but I was having trouble first it said there was an error installing, so I deleted it and re downloaded the files, then it would just get stuck at the install screen anyone have any ideas??? thanks!
    just ensure that you remove the custom kernel or the 550/600 patch (whichever you decided to use) before an OTA update - the actual Super PreKernel application can stay.
    So after an OTA update do you just run the app again? Or how will it need to be updated to work with the new version?
    Last edited by stir fry a lot; 04/25/2010 at 11:09 PM.
    great i will wait for the new links, in the mean time reinstalled 800MHz .sh patch working great

thanks
    Demlor would you like to alpha test new version? Resend me email by PM if so. I can send immediately. Uninstall and reinstall new version, hopefully available verry soon. Turning off server until then.
    Considering my phone is pretty much useless without it being freaky, and giving me the white light of death, I would be honored to help out.
    It gets pretty annoying having to pull the battery 20x a day.
    Good to hear it's just the old version.
    As for I thought I was screwed to the hizzy.

Will send another PM with email.
    If the only one who knows the truth about a terrible secret is unaware they hold the answer to a mystery that could mean life or death.
    The search for the key leads to the most dangerous place in the world, the human mind.
    Global Posts
    52 Global Posts
    donated thx for the help!
    Global Posts
    13 Global Posts
    This Rocks!
    Do I have to update SPK even if its now running without faults
    or is the redesigned SPK only for wiping out the "600MHz" problem on some devices?
    We have found an issue with Preware version (1.4.2 version wasnt alpha tested until last night-issues seen). We recommend you use WOSQI and stay version 1.1 on page one of thread. If you are a member of the 600 club, I have a solution that is guaranteed to work using WOSQI and an ipk fix same name as com.unixpsycho.webos141_800MHzkernel_armv7.ipk (install/unistall protocol) but with a unique modification from the old version. Please send me your email address. I have solved this issue every time and the solution is permanent so SPK will have no issues. The fix file removed durting the operation so only SPK remains and works perfectly with all frequencies
    Thank You Caj Your commitment to this project and making sure anyone can take advantage of this is unbelievable. I wasn't able to test the fix you sent me till last night. It did the trick. I can't get the speedy response you provided from any other software provider that I deal with on a daily basis. This being done in your spare time I will be donating again.
    how can i download superprekernelapp?
    whats the differennce between superprekernel \app and installing via quick install
    Quote Originally Posted by chinoguanquenobi View Post
    how can i download superprekernelapp?
    It's on hold until the Alpha Testing of the new version is completed. Then you will be able to follow the instructions in the first post. Keep an eye on this thread: caj2008 will make an announcement when it's ready.
    Blaize, Mistress of Verbosity

Be nice until it's time to not be nice.--Dalton, "Roadhouse"