Page 12 of 23 FirstFirst ... 27891011121314151617 22 ... LastLast
    I have gone back to the QI method because this application will make my speaker click when I touch the screen after installation. This does not happen with the QI method and IPK com.unixpsycho.webos141_800MHzkernel_armv7.ipk Are there any suggestions on how to stop this from happening when I user super pre kernal? I would like the ability to remove on the fly in case I want to install an OTA update on the road.
    Global Posts
    98 Global Posts
    I sent a PM for help with the 600 club earlier this morning. Still haven't heard anything yet. Any luck with a fix?
    Verizon Wireless Palm Pre Plus 1.4.5
    UberKernal 1.0 GHz
    Quote Originally Posted by Dolio View Post
    I'm curious what the first Uber-Kernel package is all about? It says that it includes the 720-800MHz operating points by uNiXpSyChO and hooks to some internal CPU temp sensor... Those sound interesting and related, is this something I could, should, or should not install along with the Super PreKernel and CPUScaler(Uber)?
    It is the WebOS Internals Uber-Kernel, described at http://bit.ly/next-gen-kernels and is compatible with CPUScaler and Govnah.

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    Quote Originally Posted by Damien311 View Post
    Confirmed. Here's my post from the Engadget story:
    Hi,

Just noticed same fault i.e. broken synergy/universal search, shortly after installing 800MHz Kernel (on webOS 1.4.1. Pre on O2 - UK). I had added a few extra patches before I noticed the problem. Methodical removal of new patches did not restore search function. Neither did removing all pre-existing patches (!).

Sadly, not even uninstalling Kernel has repaired it...

It's too useful a function not to have - far more useful than the admittedly nicely-enhanced performance @ 800MHz. I'm gonna have to go see the Doctor.

(Oddly - not sure if it's related - attempted backup fails: "No internet connection" apparently, although I can browse the web without any problems....)
    I like it alot! I hate it when the phone is sluggish. With this it runs really fast and smooth. Just need to keep an eye on the temp though.
    Quote Originally Posted by caj2008 View Post
    Anyone with 600 MHz issue. I have a simple fix that doesnt require more than justt sending a file to your email and following a few instructions. PM me your email, follow instruction, and the problem will disappear!!
    PM Sent!

I've tried with both 1.4.1 and 1.4.2, both end up around 600Mhz after installing the 800Mhz kernel.
    Global Posts
    12 Global Posts
    This is looking good.
    PM also sent. I can't wait to get this thing up to speed!
    This is a great question.

Does this app, when switching to 500MHz stock speed, remove the need to uninstall this app (and it's enhanced kernels) when a new WebOS update is installed?

Thanks thornev for bringing this up.
    Global Posts
    39 Global Posts
    PM sent and eagerly awaiting fix. Thanks!
    PM sent here as well.

Event at 600 my pre is running smoother, I can hardly wait to push it 'till I've given it all she's got.
    Anyone with 600 MHz issue. I have a simple fix that doesnt require more than justt sending a file to your email and following a few instructions. PM me your email, follow instruction, and the problem will disappear!!
    Email received, steps followed, now running at a smooth 800Mhz!

You're the man, Caj!
    I just got a replacement Pre+ to replace a defective keyboard. It had been running the original 800mhz kernel flawlessly. I decided to use this new install method. After installation of the 800mhz "superkernel", the speed check says it is running at 597.68mhz.

The install program doesn't show the 800mhz option as it thinks that's what the phone is running. So why is "cat /proc/cpuinfo" returning the 697.68mhz value?

Should I uninstall and start over? This was a completely fresh 1.4.0 install with no patches yet.
    PM sent. Thanks!
    Quote Originally Posted by markcohn28 View Post
    Here's my email - markhcohn@gmail.com
    You might want to delete posts that have your email address in them. Unless you enjoy hearing about banking problems in nigeria or are in the market to refinance your mortgage...
    caj, do i need this if i am happy with the cpu scalar and the 720mhz patch, does this add anything as far as preformance etc.
    Global Posts
    98 Global Posts
    Awesome. Email received and problem resolved. I will be sending a donation your way!
    Verizon Wireless Palm Pre Plus 1.4.5
    UberKernal 1.0 GHz
    How do you know, if your running 800 Mhz Because my BogoMIPS : 597.68

root@palm-webos-device: cat /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu0/cpufreq/stats/trans_table
    : 600000 550000 500000 250000 125000
    600000: 0 0 1 0 0
    550000: 1 0 0 0 0
    500000: 1 0 0 0 0
    250000: 0 0 0 0 0
    125000: 0 0 0 0 0
    pm sent, thanks
    Your fix worked for me and earned you a little tip for your efforts.