Page 11 of 23 FirstFirst ... 678910111213141516 21 ... LastLast
    I received your email, but must go to sleep. Thanks for the help. I will report back tomorrow.
    Quote Originally Posted by kovacs View Post
    Are you sure dev mode is on?
    Yeah, if it wasn't, I wouldn't have been able to use WOSQI to load the two files in the first place. I just restarted my pc and my Pre a dozen or so times, it works now. Go figure.
    Quote Originally Posted by swimmerman272 View Post
    Yeah, if it wasn't, I wouldn't have been able to use WOSQI to load the two files in the first place. I just restarted my pc and my Pre a dozen or so times, it works now. Go figure.
    Same thing happened to me a couple of times. You need to restart novacom and it should fix it. At least that's what worked for me. Not sure what caused this but I did have it a couple of times.
    Global Posts
    14 Global Posts
    pm sent
    Quote Originally Posted by Babywayne View Post
    Same thing happened to me a couple of times. You need to restart novacom and it should fix it. At least that's what worked for me. Not sure what caused this but I did have it a couple of times.
    Yeah, I think ultimately that's what fixed it. I've had issues here and there with Novacom on Windows 7.

NOTE TO OTHERS! After you install the 2 patches in WOSQI, unplug your Pre from your computer to prevent possible novacom issues.
    I cannot get the 2nd file to install no matter if I do; both at the same time or separately. Every time I try I make sure I uninstall the small app and start from stratch.

Quote Originally Posted by pallytank View Post
    I cannot get the 2nd file to install no matter if I do; both at the same time or separately. Every time I try I make sure I uninstall the small app and start from stratch.

Did you install preware and the preware service?
    Quote Originally Posted by caj2008 View Post
    If you had the 600 error and sent me your email your problem is fixed. If you dont receive an email from me within 30min then resend me your email if you have that error. Good night
    I PM'd you my email.

Thanks!
    Thanks for the great patch caj2008 and everyone else who worked for this. It was a very easy setup except I get the 600 error.

I have PM'ed you with the trans_table and cpu info.

Thanks again for all the help!
    Thanks for the tutorial! Made it very easy to install.

when i installed the super kernel app, i had no kernel installed or lunamgr. my phone was pretty much stock other than sodoku. i followed the instructions to the T, cuz i didn't want to end with a bricked Pre. I only installed the 800 mhz, i wasn't sure about the other ones. now when i clik on SuperKernel it says A custom Kernel is already installed in your phone/ yuor custom kernel already includes a custom luna patch. this is the 800 mhz.
    I ran the command promt to clock my speed and it won't change beyond 597 even though i installed the 800. Can this be changed, if so, how. Or is there a tutorial/link/video somewhere that i may reference.
    Last edited by menmypalmpre; 04/23/2010 at 01:27 AM. Reason: provided more info on install steps
    Global Posts
    54 Global Posts
    Great work guys, been lurking for a while now, will defiantly be donating soon. I had been holding on WebOS 1.4.0 in anticipation of running the early 800MHz .sh installer, but wanted to work out a good way to monitor the temperatures first. my wifes pre was doing some flaky stuff so I finally updated hers to 1.4.1.1 and it was so much smoother that I did mine yesterday, and now it sounds like I can still do the 800MHz kernel! Anyway, I digress...

I added the custom feed to preware and did a search for "Kernel" to find:
    * Uber-Kernel (Palm Pre/Pre+) from WebOS Internals
    * CPUScaler
    * CPUScaler Service
    * CPUScalerUber
    * CPUScalerUber Service
    * Super PreKernel
    * Super PreKernel Service

To state the obvious, the CPUScaler, CPUScalerUber, and Super PreKernel packages all depend on their package_name Service, and preware will prompt to install those dependencies when you tap to install their parent package.

I'm curious what the first Uber-Kernel package is all about? It says that it includes the 720-800MHz operating points by uNiXpSyChO and hooks to some internal CPU temp sensor... Those sound interesting and related, is this something I could, should, or should not install along with the Super PreKernel and CPUScaler(Uber)?

I also keep reading about paying for a "CPU Scaler Ultimate" or "cpuuberscaler" and am a little confused because I do not see the "Ultimate" in the feeds. Nevermind, found a link on page 4 to forums.precentral.net/homebrew-apps/237447-cpuscaler-application-palm-pre-turn-cpu-scaling-set-cpu-speed.html Might want to go ahead and add a link to this on the first page, I'm happy to donate for this project and buy the ultimate scaler app. Note: auhh, it looks like I can not currently purchase the ultimate version?!?!

Alright, time to install!! Installed Super PreKernel(+Service), restart luna, restart Pre just for kicks. Installed CPUScalerUber (want to install the Ultimate, perhaps later). CPUScaler app launcher didn't show up, perhaps the new kernel needs to be there first? Install the 800MHz kernel, reboot.
    Auhhh, looks like we have another member of the 600 club

Code:
       From  :    To
             :    600000    550000    500000    250000    125000 
       600000:         0         0         1         0         0 
       550000:         1         0         0         0         0 
       500000:         1         0         0         0         0 
       250000:         0         0         0         0         0 
       125000:         0         0         0         0         0
    Ohh, almost forgot. I like to keep my Pre plugged in as much as possible so it won't sleep because I have a bunch of junk scheduled via crond with only runs if it's not sleeping. Is this "always running" state a bad idea with the 800MHz kernel? Hoping that scaling might help. Thoughts?
    So the instructions for the 600 club say to completely "uninstall SPK by WOSQI completely" I have removed SPK by checking uninstall in wosqi and restarting the phone. However, do I need to uninstall the two .ipk files that I installed in the beginning? If so, how can I do this?

- Never mind, re read instructions and checking the boxes in wosqi removes the .ipk files.
    good stuff. I am excited to try this!

Just joined the 600 club and sent off the PM. It'll be nice to join the 800 club!
    Last edited by johsua; 04/23/2010 at 02:11 AM. Reason: new info
    I've run into a problem. I installed the super pre app yesterday then the 800 Kernal right after. Everythings been fine up till tonight. I was playing the gameloft mini golf game and all of a sudden I lost data. I tried everything and couldn't get it back. So I decided to uninstall the 800 Kernal to see if that would work. Sure enough I had data again. So I installed the 800 Kernal again and BAM I lost data. Do you have any idea why this is happening? Is it a known problem? I'm gonna try the 720 Kernal eight now and I'll post back with what happens.
    If you have a palm pree with sprint, i would like to point out that the company just had Data problems.. started around 230am, all east coast in the USA that is.. i called sprint at 240am and that's what i was told. now its back up and runing tho
    ohhh really? Ok maybe that was ir! I found it weird that when I installed again I lost data and when I uninstallwd it came back. Hmmm I'll try the 800 Again and let you guys know. Thx for that info though cuz I am on the east coast. Boston Mass
    Thx flakk0o, that must of been the issue,i got the 800 Back up and running. How did you call sprint at 2:00am though aren't they cclosed?

Quote Originally Posted by flakk0o View Post
    If you have a palm pree with sprint, i would like to point out that the company just had Data problems.. started around 230am, all east coast in the USA that is.. i called sprint at 240am and that's what i was told. now its back up and runing tho
    Global Posts
    190 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by number1pete View Post
    #######L337Tech Preware Feed##########

Index of /webos/apps

call it "L337Tech-webos-free"
    #################################

You can copy paste preware url into preware from your browser on the phone. Number 1 problem that I get from users about preware not working is due to the them accidentally typing in the wrong url.
    Getting "invalid gzip update" error in Preware when I add feed. Isolated it to this feed. Are package lists in right format for Preware?

Thanks.

By the way, thanks for some great work.
    Quote Originally Posted by sd_matto View Post
    Getting "invalid gzip update" error in Preware when I add feed. Isolated it to this feed. Are package lists in right format for Preware?

Thanks.

By the way, thanks for some great work.
    yep preware works fine, make double darn sure you typed in the address right. It has to be:

http://www.l337tech.com/webos/apps

not:

http://www.l337tech.com/webos/apps/

or:

http://http://www.l337tech.com/webos/apps/_

thanks,

number1pete
    Internet Radio - the best beats on the web

CPUScaling app L337Tech post

Super PreKernel app

If you appreciated any of my help, enjoy any of my apps that I give away for free, or want to see more development from me, think about making a donation. Thanks!
    Quote Originally Posted by aaron130 View Post
    I've run into a problem. I installed the super pre app yesterday then the 800 Kernal right after. Everythings been fine up till tonight. I was playing the gameloft mini golf game and all of a sudden I lost data. I tried everything and couldn't get it back. So I decided to uninstall the 800 Kernal to see if that would work. Sure enough I had data again. So I installed the 800 Kernal again and BAM I lost data. Do you have any idea why this is happening? Is it a known problem? I'm gonna try the 720 Kernal eight now and I'll post back with what happens.
    try one of the cpuscaler apps to set the cpu speed to 500mhz....if that brings your data back then your phone might not be able to handle the voltage increase that comes along with running 800mhz.

thanks,

number1pete
    Internet Radio - the best beats on the web

CPUScaling app L337Tech post

Super PreKernel app

If you appreciated any of my help, enjoy any of my apps that I give away for free, or want to see more development from me, think about making a donation. Thanks!