1.    #1  
    I know this has been asked and I have sifted through many old posts to try and find a current answer. I have just purchased the Pre Plus and am wanting to use my iCal on it. Sync it, I guess. Sync is two ways, yes? I already pay for a Mobile Me account and I am hoping that their "cloud" is like the Google one that Palm recommends for 3rd party syncing. Who is using this already and how did you set it up? Please advise and all help is MUCH appreciated! Thank you so very much

PS- I just updated to the current Palm WebOS version (I forget the numbers but it was the last update they offered with video)
    I just purchased a Pre Plus as well and ran into the same dilemma. My solution was simple - find a way to get Gmail to sync both contacts and calendars. I have a MobileMe account, but nothing on the Pre Plus supports it which would otherwise solve all of my problems. I used Address Book (Mac OS 10.6.6) to do a sync with my Gmail account (but only one way Mac-> Gmail, then use BusySync to sync my iCal database with Gmail calendar. BusySync is a fantastic at this because it run directly from iCal's database. It can sync multiple calendars to multiple WebDAV or Lan Calendars.

The Address Book to Gmail solution unfortunately is only one-way as Gmail only uses one field for contact names (this is a non starter and will totally screw up your Address Book if you sync bi-directionally - CAUTION NOT RECOMMENDED).

BusyCal use instead of iCal is fantastic and bi-directional to Gmail Calendars. Now the CAVEAT - Palm calendar application sucks! You can access the Gmail Calendar through the web browser, but the Palm calendar application cannot handle repeating appointment PERIOD. Gmail calendar had this bug, but it has long been resolved, unfortunately even if your iCal data makes it successfully to Gmail Calendars, Pre Plus calendar will butcher it badly. I have since stopped using repeating events to avoid the catastrophe that cost me endless hours to diagnose and correct.

Hopefully in WebOS version 2.0 the Palm calendar will be corrected. Hopefully they will have support for MobileMe and this will all go away.
    Global Posts
    85 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SenorRamos View Post
    Now the CAVEAT - Palm calendar application sucks! You can access the Gmail Calendar through the web browser, but the Palm calendar application cannot handle repeating appointment PERIOD. Gmail calendar had this bug, but it has long been resolved, unfortunately even if your iCal data makes it successfully to Gmail Calendars, Pre Plus calendar will butcher it badly. I have since stopped using repeating events to avoid the catastrophe that cost me endless hours to diagnose and correct.

Hopefully in WebOS version 2.0 the Palm calendar will be corrected. Hopefully they will have support for MobileMe and this will all go away.
    I use the Google and Palm calenders with 2-way sync very sucessfully for repeating events as my days off change every other week and haven't had a problem yet unless it has been mine. I enter my schedule via my Pre and it shows the same on Google as what I entered on the Pre.
    Global Posts
    181 Global Posts
    Any idea if webOS 2.0 is going to support CalDAV sync? The 'new' MobileMe calendars use that standard and it would be nice if webOS supported it.
    Apple does not allow write access to the MobileMe CalDav calendars. So even if HP allowed CalDav syncing, we would only be able to see our MobileMe calendars on our Pres, not sync them.

I was using The Missing Sync to sync from iCal on my computer to my Pre, but Apple now requires all iCal calendars that are synced to MobileMe to be in the new CalDav format, which completely breaks Missing Sync. Still trying to figure out a solution, but there does not seem to be one outside of purchasing BusyCal (For $50!). BusyCal syncs MobileMe calendars to Google Calendars (and vice-versa). Then the Google calendars can be synced over the air to the Pre via Synergy. Sounds frightfully complicated, with a lot of places for things to go wrong.