1.    #1  
    i would like to play the game parallel kingdom on my palm pre. it come off the adroid or apple market place. how can i convert to ipk or make the pre duel boot another os or some other kind or solution.
  2.    #2  
    *comes off the android or apple market
    *or some other kind OF solution

sorry brain was thinkin quicker then fingers

i would jus like to be able to play this game from my palm pre with my friends on the hereo and iphone. im still a nooblit to all this but am gettin the hang of it a lil bit, would jus like some other insight or somein. thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by hashbeblazd View Post
    *comes off the android or apple market
    *or some other kind OF solution

i would jus like to be able to play this game from my palm pre with my friends on the hereo and iphone. im still a nooblit to all this but am gettin the hang of it a lil bit, would jus like some other insight or somein. thanks
    Neither of these are very doable. The best chance would be to contact the dev and mention the pdk which makes converting it to webos easier (though still no small task)
    The best bet would be to contact the developer and ask if they have any plans to port the game to WebOS.
  5.    #5  
    is there a way I can port it. I don't really wanna wait for hell to freeze over if ya know what I mean. Isn't the pre all mighty and stuff. Outta of all the things I can do and they premote ya to do. A lil file change or program added to the pre can't be done lol still love the pre and where there's a will don't there gotta be a way :-D
    is there a way I can port it. I don't really wanna wait for hell to freeze over if ya know what I mean. Isn't the pre all mighty and stuff. Outta of all the things I can do and they premote ya to do. A lil file change or program added to the pre can't be done lol still love the pre and where there's a will don't there gotta be a way :-D
    it's hard.. You gotta spend hours changing the code.. Like alot of hours.. IT can take days, or weeks to get the job done. (if you know how that is, which you prob don't cause if you did then you'd know converting an app from android to web-os is kinda complicated.)
  7.    #7  
    I gathered that it would be a lil tuff thats why I reverted to starting one of these blog things where ppl blab there gums bout NOTHING hopeing someone would enlighten me with something besides pointing out the odvious part that I'm goinna have to play with a lil codeing. If I got shown a direction of how I would GO ABOUT learning how to make this games/files to work on my retarted computer telephone... That in itself would be AWESOME. Kkthxbye
    I gathered that it would be a lil tuff thats why I reverted to starting one of these blog things where ppl blab there gums bout NOTHING hopeing someone would enlighten me with something besides pointing out the odvious part that I'm goinna have to play with a lil codeing.
    you're an odvious case of fingers typing quicker than brain can think.
  9.    #9  
    and look yet ANOTHER wise one here with the most info on the question at hand. Thanks lil buddy for using all of your knowlage to INFORM on.... Spelling??? OH YEAH!!! How to get the program "Parallel Kingdom" on to a palm pre cell phone. That's right I forgot too. I thought this blog was on how to fly a plastic model aroplane across the ocean with me 10 friends and a weeks worth of food in it. So thank you for pointin out yet something else I already know (bad speller). Next tyme at least give me some information on something useful. OH LIKE IDK MAYBE "HOW TO PUT/GET PARALLEL KINGDOM ON A PALM PRE" that would be Gggreat. Then point out the MAJOR issues that need such attition as SPELLING OR HOW LONG ONE THINKS IT MAY TAKE SOMEONE Who is unknown to that person TO DO THIS TASK. Now hopefully it's "ODVIOUS" that if you don't have any useful info on the question about how resolve it, then maybe you should STFU. Cuz more n likely you have been doing what I have. Which would be... Looking up a way to play parallel kingdom on a palm pre or other type of phone that it is not on so you can play a multi player game with a friend who may not copy everything you do or you them. So you may have different hardware... Strange you say... MY GAWD everyone don't have the same phone as me, I don't understand this. So you set out to find a reason, a solution, and hopefully some wisdom on how all this works. With and an add plus off teaching others along the way. **** NO!!! You find a buch of ppl that have so much knowlage inside there super brains that the best info they give is why the prodict or what they got is the best and what you are trying to do and along with you for doing it is stoopid. So if you don't mind, stop fillin the air with your ignorance. So some of use who are trying expand our knowladge on something, or jus understand it can get something done.

kkthebye
    Ok, no need to get nasty with everyone trying to explain this to you. Here's the bottom line. You cannot port the game from iphone/android to WebOS. You need full access to the source code. The game's developer can easily port it to WebOS in a couple days (we've seen this with other iphone-to-webos ports). If you don't have the source code, there is nothing you can do besides ask the developer to do it. It's not as simple as you converting some code to work on WebOS.
    lol you are funny! You can't just port something like this to the pre in 5 minutes it would take days. If you really want it then email the dev's and ask for a port.

-Toaster
    ...you mean you don't know how to get parallel kingdom on the palm pre?

HAHAHAHA
  13.    #13  
    Quote Originally Posted by BronTron View Post
    ...you mean you don't know how to get parallel kingdom on the palm pre?

HAHAHAHA
    that would be correct, I don't know how to get parallel kingdom aoe onto my palm pre... Why, what's up??? Do you? Maybe, another way or SOMETHING besides what I have been informed. "email the developers for the source code or see if the will port it" and HOPE they read it and reply or serve the request. That would be very helpful if you could point me in a direction to get what I want or atlest learn how to go about makeing it happen on my own. Something orther then step 1 and 2 that would be normaly done before asking for insight from other minds thriugh the long way of bloging research. Please enlighten me and all the others who too would like to know or else they wouldn't be clicking the link to read this blog.
    that would be correct, I don't know how to get parallel kingdom aoe onto my palm pre... Why, what's up??? Do you? Maybe, another way or SOMETHING besides what I have been informed. "email the developers for the source code or see if the will port it" and HOPE they read it and reply or serve the request. That would be very helpful if you could point me in a direction to get what I want or atlest learn how to go about makeing it happen on my own. Something orther then step 1 and 2 that would be normaly done before asking for insight from other minds thriugh the long way of bloging research. Please enlighten me and all the others who too would like to know or else they wouldn't be clicking the link to read this blog.
    That was clearly sarcasm
    hashbeblazd,

Your question is like asking how to take the engine out of your pickup and put it in your Honda Civic. Can it be done? Perhaps, but if you have to ask you clearly can't do it. It takes the skills of a good mechanic to do it, and any mechanic would know not to ask such a question in an online forum.

So your question, along with your refusal to accept the only useful answer anyone can give you - ask the developer - has been met with some sarcasm and humor. If you really knew what you were asking, you'd think it was funny too.

Porting an app - even as easy as Palm has made it with their PDK - is still serious work that only a skilled developer can hope to accomplish, and only if you have the source code.
    Quote Originally Posted by wtgreen View Post
    hashbeblazd,Porting an app - even as easy as Palm has made it with their PDK - is still serious work that only a skilled developer can hope to accomplish, and only if you have the source code.
    Pretty much.

To further expand on what people are trying to tell you, hashbeblazd, the "source code" everyone's referring to is the actual software that was written by the programmers for Parallel Kingdom, which is in whatever programming language they used. That then needs to be modified to take into account the differences between the iPhone's or Android operating systems and webOS, then it needs to be compiled, or turned into something that the Pre can run as an app.

Without the source code, then, it's not happening: Parallel Kingdom on Android and on the iPhone aren't exactly the same program: they might have started from the same base source code, but then were modified to take into account the differences between the two, then turned into apps each phone could run. Because of those differences, PK for the iPhone won't run on an Android phone, and vice versa. The same holds true for webOS: you can't just drop PK for one of those phones on a Palm Pre and get it to run. Instead, you've got to go back to that original source code, make the changes, and then turn it into a webOS app that our phones understand and can run.

That's why everyone's telling you to go back to PerBlue, the people who wrote Parallel Kingdom. They're the only people with the "source code": after all, they wrote it, and it's not "open source", meaning they didn't share that source code with anyone else. So, as a result, they're the only people who can make the changes needed to get Parallel Kingdom on the Palm Pre.