Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by graigsmith View Post
    ok I got another question. The no ring switch on the top, does it mute the alarm? Or does it only mute calls?

what controls the volume of the alarm?
    The volume of the alarm is controlled by the volume buttons, just like the ringer volume. The ringer switch does mute the alarm but the Clock app has an option in its preferences to override the ringer switch and play the alarm anyway.
    this is my third time at giving you a very long reply only to get an error message about my login that shows me logged in. we finally get the webos mostly right and now the precentral site is gonna start glitching me and deleting my very long posts.

cliffs notes version - click my screenname to get to my posts and there's lots of info/tips/thoughts/fixes you may find useful.

welcome to the brothersisterhood of smart Pre-ple
    Quote Originally Posted by DarthRepublican View Post
    The volume of the alarm is controlled by the volume buttons, just like the ringer volume. The ringer switch does mute the alarm but the Clock app has an option in its preferences to override the ringer switch and play the alarm anyway.
    thank you for explaining that way better than i attempted to. maybe its a good thing the precentral site deleted it for login/reload page error.
    Global Posts
    236 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by graigsmith View Post
    ok. i had charged the thing all night on the touchstone. and woke up, got to work at 8:00. as far as i remember, it had full battery. pulled the palm out at 2pm and it had like 20% battery. at 3 or 4 it shut down. is it supposed to run out that fast when it's not doing anything at all? i mean i diddn't use it all day. and even then at lunch i just checked a couple of web pages. there should have been no way this thing should have ran out of batteries. i mean i only used it for like 10 minutes all day. the previous day i did the same thing and i had at least 60% battery left when i got home. so i have no idea why today is so different.
    you need the 800Mhz patch with the CPUScaler application!!! that will get you really good battery life when the phone is idle with a boost in performance when you use your pre. i recommend 500 > 800 scaling
    Je fais ce que je veux avec mes cheveux!!! Sprint: Pre+ 2.1
  5.    #25  
    is there a non homebrew app for turning off the screen while on the touchstone?

i looked at the homebrew stuff and i dont think i feel comfortable installing those.
  6.    #26  
    why aren't these home brew apps submitted to the app store? are they buggy?
    Take a look in the homebrew section. There are so many great homebrew apps. Also as you become more familiar with your Pre, you probably should take a look at patches. Patches add functionality to your phone in many areas.
    Last edited by rodgiddens; 04/18/2010 at 09:06 AM. Reason: grammar
    and get the 720/800 kernel to make your Pre faster than an iPhone!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12