1.    #1  
    i'm just wondering if anyone knows of a way to change app names. for instance, changing Forbes.com to just Forbes.
    Quote Originally Posted by epterkim View Post
    i'm just wondering if anyone knows of a way to change app names. for instance, changing Forbes.com to just Forbes.
    If you install the homebrew app "dg Quick Cut", you can create a "copy" of any icon (and it has a bunch of other features). So, in this scenario, you can create a copy, call it "Forbes" and them move the "forbes.com" app to the bottom of the last launcher page. You still have the keep the original app (think of the new icon as just a shortcut), but it cleans things up. Of course, when you do a Universal Search for "forbes", both will come up, but otherwise you will never see the original.

I have done this for apps such as "p2Snippets" --> "Snippets" or "WOG Card Keeper" --> "Keychain FOBs", etc
    there is another way to actually change the app name but its pretty complicated and you could mess up the application!
    i1000+ -> i90 -> i530 -> i730 -> i530 -> i730 -> i560 -> i930 -> i215 -> i860 -> i930 -> i860 -> i870 -> i880 -> i870 -> i850 -> i870 -> i830 -> i9 -> Pre