1.    #1  
    Is there any way to set a specific alert tone for new voicemails on the Pre? Been trying to figure out a way to do that. Did a search and couldn't seem to find any info on this.

thanks
    My device history:

- Jim J.

(On Sprint for many years)
    Yeah, I was just searching for the same thing and all I found is this post!!
    Sent from my favorite gadget!
  3.    #3  
    Wow, there's an old thread of mine showing up again!

Jason made a patch for custom low battery alerts. Perhaps it's possible to make a patch for this also.
    LOL! I figured there was no point in posting and asking it, again. Your post pretty much answered my question.

I hope someone could make a patch for this, too.

I find the current sound to be very annoying! Thankfully, I get very few calls and don't have to listen to it a lot.
  5.    #5  
    You can change it globally by going to Sounds and Ringtones, SYSTEM SOUNDS (ON) and change the assigned sound for "NOTIFICATION" to something else.

But then it becomes the default sound for all system events that use "NOTIFICATION" as the alert. (Plugging in to charger, holding down power button, etc.)

I would like to have something unique specifically for voicemail, and nothing else.
    My device history:

- Jim J.

(On Sprint for many years)
    I have no option in there to change the system alert sound, just the system sounds on/off toggle and the volume slider.

Otherwise, I would have done it, already! I find that alert sounds to be second only to the Nextel push to talk alert in annoyance level!
    Global Posts
    144 Global Posts
    a patch for the voicemail will be really nice of jason.
    THE GAME OF LIFE
    Quote Originally Posted by 473x15 View Post
    a patch for the voicemail will be really nice of jason.
    Or nice of anyone that can manage to do it.

I wouldn't even mind if it just didn't alert me audibly.