1.    #1  
    So at first I thought I was losing my mind, which is always a possibility.

I had done a photo shoot for a client who is a breeder, with several litters of pups available, that I have been working with her website for years. I always take the picture, then group a bunch together to make a collage for each weeks picture updates. The first few weeks were fine, and when I went to show her, on my Pre, they looked just great.

But a few weeks ago, I did the same process, but when I met her, and went to show her the pics on my pre, the newer images did not come up. No error, not even a red x indicating a naming error, or file missing, just nothing.

I started mucking around to see what the difference between the older images and the newer ones were, and what I came up with, appears to be an image height limitation.

I called Sprint and Palm who were pretty much useless, then just started trial and error.

Apparantly, according to my multiple iterations of the same image but at different height maximums found that the max that Pre will display is 1500px. I was able to push it once to 1501, but on another image that too just did NOT display.

Check it out, on your Pre, let me know if indeed I have fallen upon what to "me" is an issue I really needed to know, would have been nice to have it documented somewhere, instead of being embarassed by a blank image when trying to show off my cool internet phone..

Here is the original image, at 800x1742

http://dianehelen.com/pre/1.jpg

Here is an edited version at 689x1500

http://dianehelen.com/pre/1c.jpg

The first one just comes up blank on my Pre, the second one is fine.

I have not experimented in finding the width limitation, but thats not as important as I always do images for this at 800px wide

Please tell me I am not the only one getting these results, and that indeed I have stumbled upon something
    I have always been a "Phone" person. My love of "Phones" started at an early age. Avatar to the left, is circa 1952, see the sparkle in my lil toddler eyes
    Cell History: Bag Phone, Brick Phone, Various Micro Tacs, Treo's, Centro, the PRE!

I Pre

I tried it on my pre and i was able to open up both links. I do have the browser resolution patch applied so that may be your fix.
  3.    #3  
    ahhh there is a patch for that?

im on my way..
    I have always been a "Phone" person. My love of "Phones" started at an early age. Avatar to the left, is circa 1952, see the sparkle in my lil toddler eyes
    Cell History: Bag Phone, Brick Phone, Various Micro Tacs, Treo's, Centro, the PRE!

I Pre

4.    #4  
    WOW! OK that actually DID work. Cool that it does, and that you had the answer to my issue so quickly, kinda sad that such a smart phone doesnt know to do that, without a patch huh?

Oh well, problem solved, once again by a kind and smart person in this amazing community!

Thanks friend

I Pre

Global Posts
    9 Global Posts
    Where can I find this patch? I am having the same issue.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tamerz View Post
    Preware.

This was a change in 1.4.0 as far as I remember
    Quote Originally Posted by dianehelen View Post
    WOW! OK that actually DID work. Cool that it does, and that you had the answer to my issue so quickly, kinda sad that such a smart phone doesnt know to do that, without a patch huh?

Oh well, problem solved, once again by a kind and smart person in this amazing community!

Thanks friend
    It has the capabilities, it's just not in there
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    We always prefer that people donate in response to tangible items they can use today, rather than for intangible promises about the future that may or may not be possible to achieve.
    Global Posts
    9 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by NuttyBunny View Post
    Preware.

This was a change in 1.4.0 as far as I remember
    Awesome, worked like a charm. Thanks.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tamerz View Post
    The patch is called Raise image Resolution Limit. You can find it in Preware in the browser catagory.
    Last edited by vza33; 06/29/2010 at 01:39 PM.
    "Patience, use the force, think." Obi-Wan

Ready to try Preware? Get this first: Preware Homebrew Documentation
    Quote Originally Posted by vza33 View Post
    The patch is called Raise image Resolution Limit. You can find it in Preware in the browser catagory.
    This patch will make pages load slower, right? or not a big change?
    ***I Twitter***

Stop complaining & start doing ---> Leave feedback/suggestions for Palm here
    Quote Originally Posted by RanGT View Post
    This patch will make pages load slower, right? or not a big change?
    I haven't noticed a change, but it may if you are going to a site with a ton of images that were normally too large for the phone to show.
    Sent from my favorite gadget!
    thanks for this interesting info.
    No thanks button in the subway, sorry.
    I had forgotten about this bug.. I bet that's why sometimes when I click an image the page shows up blank. I installed this patch and now I can see Diane's first image.