04/07/2010, 07:01 PM
So at first I thought I was losing my mind, which is always a possibility.
I had done a photo shoot for a client who is a breeder, with several litters of pups available, that I have been working with her website for years. I always take the picture, then group a bunch together to make a collage for each weeks picture updates. The first few weeks were fine, and when I went to show her, on my Pre, they looked just great.
But a few weeks ago, I did the same process, but when I met her, and went to show her the pics on my pre, the newer images did not come up. No error, not even a red x indicating a naming error, or file missing, just nothing.
I started mucking around to see what the difference between the older images and the newer ones were, and what I came up with, appears to be an image height limitation.
I called Sprint and Palm who were pretty much useless, then just started trial and error.
Apparantly, according to my multiple iterations of the same image but at different height maximums found that the max that Pre will display is 1500px. I was able to push it once to 1501, but on another image that too just did NOT display.
Check it out, on your Pre, let me know if indeed I have fallen upon what to "me" is an issue I really needed to know, would have been nice to have it documented somewhere, instead of being embarassed by a blank image when trying to show off my cool internet phone..
Here is the original image, at 800x1742
Here is an edited version at 689x1500
The first one just comes up blank on my Pre, the second one is fine.
I have not experimented in finding the width limitation, but thats not as important as I always do images for this at 800px wide
Please tell me I am not the only one getting these results, and that indeed I have stumbled upon something