1.    #1  
    (Not a new discovery, just a refinement) **
    Since the latest update to 1.4, I found and easy fast and foolproof way to unlock the lock screen. I have a Sprint Pre, but this should work just as well on the Pre Plus.
    After touching the power button, simply place you finger on the center button and swipe up to the lock icon.*
    *This works every time and is the quickest and most efficient way to unlock the screen. Enjoy! *
    Last edited by vza33; 04/07/2010 at 01:11 AM.
    "Patience, use the force, think." Obi-Wan

Ready to try Preware? Get this first: Preware Homebrew Documentation
    Quote Originally Posted by vza33 View Post
    Since the latest update to 1.4.1.1, I found and easy fast and foolproof way to unlock the lock screen. I have a Sprint Pre, but this should work just as well on the Pre Plus.
    After touching the power button, simply place you finger on the center button and swipe up to the lock icon.*
    *This works every time and is the quickest and most efficient way to unlock the screen. Enjoy! *
    umm, what are the other ways of unlocking it?
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by nimer55 View Post
    umm, what are the other ways of unlocking it?
    Swiping the lock icon up the screen or swiping to the lock icon from the gesture area, which often takes a few swipes to work.

I think he means that an alternative to sliding up the yellow unlock icon is to place your finger on the gesture area and swipe up to the screen. I actually did not know this until now and while it is pretty cool, I'm in such a habit of using the yellow unlock icon that I can't see myself using this regularly.

Thanks for pointing this out vza, it's a neat little trick.
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by voodoochild View Post
    I think he means that an alternative to sliding up the yellow unlock icon is to place your finger on the gesture area and swipe up to the screen. I actually did not know this until now and while it is pretty cool, I'm in such a habit of using the yellow unlock icon that I can't see myself using this regularly.

Thanks for pointing this out vza, it's a neat little trick.
    You're welcome and actually with a bit of practice you could get used to it lol.

I like it because it's precise and it cuts your swipe down to about a half of an inch.

this is really old it was added in 1.4 read all the things they change! They don't post them for no reason.
    Global Posts
    2,071 Global Posts
    This has already been in place for a while.
    But good to always cycle information around for people who don't know.
    Global Posts
    2,071 Global Posts
    This has already been in place for a while.
    But good to always cycle information around for people who don't know.
    I found out about this last month.

Very handy. I wish I could do away with the whole lock screen though. I dont need it at all and its just a hassle to me.
  10.    #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by jordan23945bulls View Post
    this is really old it was added in 1.4 read all the things they change! They don't post them for no reason.
    I know that but my interpretation led me to use the gesture area not the center button, which works much better.

Is there a patch that makes the gesture areas centre button turn on the screen like on the Zune/iPod/iPhone? I hate the placement of the 'lock' button. Not to mention the centre button is just a better button overall.
    Global Posts
    204 Global Posts
    I like this! I wasn't aware you could do. Should minimize the finger prints!

Thanks for the tip.
  13.    #13  
    Quote Originally Posted by JJCook View Post
    I like this! I wasn't aware you could do. Should minimize the finger prints!

Thanks for the tip.
    No problem, just thought I'd share, and yes it should surely help minimize finger prints.

Sweet!