1.    #1  
    My wife and I woke up today and each of our Palm Pre Pluses had nearly empty batteries. Mine was at 4 percent and my wife's phone simply was so dead it would not turn on.

Something must have happened over the air to cause this right???
    Quote Originally Posted by dldress View Post
    My wife and I woke up today and each of our Palm Pre Pluses had nearly empty batteries. Mine was at 4 percent and my wife's phone simply was so dead it would not turn on.

Yes it's mating season...

Google search on precentral on this topic:
    http://www.google.com/#hl=en&source=...6b5a4f84435186
    Last edited by tomi666; 04/06/2010 at 05:29 AM.

Were they on the charger?
  4.    #4  
    No not on the charger over night. We were using our phones prior to turning in for the night. I know that mine had something like 75% charge remaining in the battery. This has never happened before. And it was both phones at the same time.

We each use the mobile hot spot app that came with the phone. I am positive that we turned it off.
    Are you running push email or the facebook beta client?
  6. xtn
    Global Posts
    711 Global Posts
    I don't know why, but my Pre does this if I leave wifi turned on over night.
  7.    #7  
    I had wifi off overnight. I never use bluetooth my wife uses it alot of the time.

Both phones displayed a large red battery symbol that filled the screen when I put them on charger. They then appeared to do a restart.

Never has this happened before. We had the phones since January 27th. They seem to be working fine now.

I am not running the facebook beta. I have my phone set to check for email every 15 minutes. My wife has her's set to "as they arrive".

I do not interface to anything on Google or Yahoo. Although I hope to set that up someday.

The only thing that we do differently lately is since April 1 we use the mobile hot spot since it is now FREE on Verizon. We use this heavily since it is much faster than our home's satellite internet connection. DSL and cable are unavailable here so we are hoping to make our phones our primary internet connection.
    for me it's the phone radio, if I leave data on. Turn it off, and my battery is fine. I'm going to be writing a patch soon to auto-disable phone data when wifi is on, and restore it when wifi is turned off. Bluetooth could also be the culprit, as I have a xlink gateway, but in another room. The weak signal could cause problems. Turning both off, and my phone had dropped only 20% overnight, vs. a full drain with bluetooth and phone data on.
    There's an application that puts the phone into airplane mode overnight, and with this my battery drain is around 1%/hr. Perhaps you could try that?
    Quote Originally Posted by michael.schumacker View Post
    There's an application that puts the phone into airplane mode overnight, and with this my battery drain is around 1%/hr. Perhaps you could try that?
    That's a good idea. I use it and it does save a lot of battery overnight. Of course, if you are using your Pre+ as internet hotspot, I would recommend using the touchstone overnight. But, this app is useful if using the touchstone overnight is not an option.

The app is called Battery Saver...I think it is homebrew? I checked the 'help' on the app and it is dimmed so no info on the developer, except a line at the bottom of the app screen that says "Please report issues to excessdata@yahoo.com"

I have it set to turn on airplane mode at 1am and turn off airplane mode at 6am. If you are needing to use the hotspot feature after it has gone into airplane mode, simply turn on phone/data again from the right top menu dropdown (there's probably a name for that dropdown menu where you turn on and off connections...wifi, bluetooth, phone data, etc., but I don't know what it's called!).

Could be just a random occurrence ... I have seen instances where one of the radios (wifi, phone, etc.) would get "stuck" in some loop and drain the battery quickly. Also, searching for signal will drain the battery (if you happen to be somewhere with a sketchy signal, or if service was out for some reason). Pretty hard to diagnose if it doesn't happen consistently

As others have suggested, I put mine in airplane mode at night. Almost no drain on the battery that way.