Results 1 to 16 of 16
  1.    #1  
    I would just prefer to have the old version - this new software update sucks! The one patch I wanted (SMS Tone per Contact) now won't update and I can't uninstall it. I keep getting an error 'See IPKG log' - when I view that, it's WAY too long to type in here.

    Is there a quick way to go back to previous software - please?
  2. #2  
    you can doctor your phone back it you still have that doctor file, but as far as the patch, it will be available soon they probably have not got a chance to get around to it since internaz mother board recently fried
  3. #3  
    Palm used to have a "rollback" feature but it looks like they removed that function from the support website.

    Have you tried running the Emergency Patch Recovery (EPR) to see if it will uninstall the broken patch?
  4.    #4  
    no, Trekker, I haven't tried that - can you tell me how I would do that?
  5. #5  
    EPR unfortunately seem to be the only solution for many of us that has been stuck with this error on a selected set of patches that have gone haywire.

    You will find it in Preware. Use "list everything" and search for "emergency". It will then run and remove all patches. The downside is as you see, you will have to reinstall them afterwards ...
  6. #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by skatterbrane View Post
    no, Trekker, I haven't tried that - can you tell me how I would do that?
    Do you have Preware installed? If so, go into the "list of everything" and start typing "Emergency Patch Recovery" - you will see it appear. When you install it, it will remove ALL of your patches, hopefully including the one you are having problem with.

    I've had the same issue before and EPR saved the day.
  7.    #7  
    Thanks - if it fixes my problem, I don't mind reinstalling what little I had. I think I only have 20 updates - not a big deal at all.
  8. #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by autodidact View Post
    You will find it in Preware. Use "list everything" and search for "emergency". It will then run and remove all patches. The downside is as you see, you will have to reinstall them afterwards ...
    I posted a suggestion/request here asking if it were possible to update EPR to so that we could selectively remove problem patches instead of all of them. Maybe you could add to the thread to generate some interest.
  9.    #9  
    ok, right off the bat when trying to install this epr, I get an error message: Linux Application; An error ocurred, return value: 4. Cannot find package org.webosinternals.emergency-patch-recovery. Check the spelling or perhaps run 'ipkg update.'
  10. #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by skatterbrane View Post
    ok, right off the bat when trying to install this epr, I get an error message: Linux Application; An error ocurred, return value: 4. Cannot find package org.webosinternals.emergency-patch-recovery. Check the spelling or perhaps run 'ipkg update.'
    That's strange...did you try refreshing the feeds? I do know they were having problems with one of their servers...maybe that's the problem?
    Last edited by Trekker; 04/05/2010 at 08:15 PM. Reason: fixed misspelling
  11.    #11  
    ok, yes, I've refreshed and now it seems to be installing...taking forever, though. :-/
  12. #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by skatterbrane View Post
    ok, yes, I've refreshed and now it seems to be installing...taking forever, though. :-/
    Cool...hopefully it will work. I keep an excel spreadsheet of all my apps/patches in case I have to Doctor the phone or run EPR. Makes it easier to keep track of everything.
  13. #13  
    Quote Originally Posted by skatterbrane View Post
    ok, yes, I've refreshed and now it seems to be installing...taking forever, though. :-/
    running epr and re installing all my patches,including tones per contact,worked for me.
  14.    #14  
    good idea on the excel list - think I'll do that first...
  15. #15  
    Quote Originally Posted by skatterbrane View Post
    good idea on the excel list - think I'll do that first...
    If you've already run EPR it's too late. One thing different about EPR, when you "install" it, it doesn't put the app on the launcher for you to run, it runs right away.

    I found out the hard way when it first came out and I installed it, thinking it would just install as an app that I could run later.
  16.    #16  
    update from me: had to abort the dowloading of EPR to make a phone call. Of course, I had to reboot my phone because I did this, in order to get Preware to work again and once I did that, I was able to just find SMS Tone Per Contact and download - no problems at all this time. Am missing a few of my patches, but I'll find them. Thanks for all of your help, everyone!

Posting Permissions