Page 9 of 35 FirstFirst ... 456789101112131419 ... LastLast
    Global Posts
    158 Global Posts
    I just installed 800.sh after trying the .ipk without success.
    800.sh works without a problem. Thanks.
    I opened an account with MEDIA FIRE and still can't get the 720 or 800 to open so I can save it to my Desktop. Thoughts?
    sorry to sound like a noob but can you give me a link to the old methood of installing the 800 patch? Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by caj2008 View Post
    Step 2: That is not true-The majority have had sucessful installs but the few problems are enough to stop deploying it until the issue is found
    Well informally i count about 8 No to 2 Yes the ipk working (among those that have posted).

Of course i am not a scientist or statistics professional...

[This is meant as satire. Please continue your great work.]
    The file downloads have been suspended until an issue can be fixed.
    here is the 800patch , hope i dont get bolock'd for this,
    com.unixpsycho.webos141_800MHzkernel_armv7.ipk

note: it doesnt work though
    Global Posts
    423 Global Posts
    550 and 600 are same download links just on new thread...needed to keep concise
    Thanks Jeff. Quick question: What will happen with the backup file your 600Mhz .ipk creates, upon OS upgrade? Is it automatically deleted? Please let me know where is the directory you store the backup and if that directory is created by your .ipk installer.

Thanks again for your work and Marco's.
    Floren Munteanu
    why queued - My blog
    ok, i apologise
    Global Posts
    341 Global Posts
    So if I end up with a steady palm logo with no glow, I've tried running the repair utility, but still no luck. this is all after having a problem with the 720 ipk and uninstalling via WOSQI. It hasn't come back up since then. Any ideas? Can I maybe put the old kernel back on somehow manually?? I have access to the files in WOSQI even with just the Palm logo on the screen. I can see the installed applications in WOSQI! I just can't use the phone at all.. just see the palm logo, not glowing.
    Quote Originally Posted by n00bftw View Post
    here is the 800patch , hope i dont get bolock'd for this,
    com.unixpsycho.webos141_800MHzkernel_armv7.ipk

note: it doesnt work though
    Oh really? The IPK one is not functioning? I appreciate the link but sounds like it's for naught. I appreciate the heads-up
    Global Posts
    423 Global Posts
    You need to uninstall prior to update and reinstall after it as LunaSysMgr effected
    I see. I thought LunaSysMgr is always overwritten by default, when you upgrade?
    Can you let me know where is located the backup directory? Thanks.
    Floren Munteanu
    why queued - My blog
    Quote Originally Posted by glycerine102 View Post
    A couple minutes ago I went back and reinstalled the .sh script with no issues. So I am running at 800 again... its just the old way.
    Is the .sh script for 1.4.1.1 too? The thread containing the download link still references 1.40. Sorry for the n00by question.
    You should not post that link, remove it please. Please install with .sh files until I get to the bottom of this (download available on old thread).

So go back and install my old friend, the 800 patch, using the .sh method? Don't worry about the IPK stuff yet -- ???
    Global Posts
    341 Global Posts
    Use my first signature thread procedure. It will get you back
    Guess there's no way without doing a full Dr? I wanted to try and keep my apps and pages the way I had them.
    [QUOTE=caj2008;2360607]
    Quote Originally Posted by mikeh20 View Post
    Well informally i count about 8 No to 2 Yes the ipk working (among those that have posted).

Not true
    Well not to flame but to follow up on my point...the MAJORITY that have posted have not been able to get the IPK to work.

NOT Working (12): Zen00, michael.schumacker, Krispy521, mikeh20, jdworsky, Scout2guy74, cawkblocker, glycerine102, panchala, Prebot, tonytaylor85, N00bftw

Working (8): Stu5797, Onemadrssn, Stevesrjr86, tbarb169, intlstyle, budgetmedic, joebel, djrider

Count in you and Shadavis as working, and NOT working is still the majority.

I dont mean this as anything other then proving there is something wrong, not to insult you at all. Please continue your great work.
    I think it's fair that I testify: 800 ipk installed all day, along with number1pete's scaling app and service, on an European GSM 1.4.1 Pre. Everything is peachy so far, I've only had a minor(ish) scare: the screen didn't light up when unlocked, right after rebooting after install, but the phone was still responding (I heard the bell when tried to power it off). A battery pull later, I've enjoyed the best experience I've ever had with a phone. Chalk one more up for the "working as intended" team.
    Quote Originally Posted by mikeh20 View Post
    Well not to flame but to follow up on my point...the MAJORITY that have posted have not been able to get the IPK to work.

NOT Working (12): Zen00, michael.schumacker, Krispy521, mikeh20, jdworsky, Scout2guy74, cawkblocker, glycerine102, panchala, Prebot, tonytaylor85, N00bftw

Working (8): Stu5797, Onemadrssn, Stevesrjr86, tbarb169, intlstyle, budgetmedic, joebel, djrider

Count in you and Shadavis as working, and NOT working is still the majority.

I dont mean this as anything other then proving there is something wrong, not to insult you at all. Please continue your great work.
    I built the ipks and have successfully installed/uninstalled several times without issue.

The 550/600 are the ones from before that worked for everyone.

As for the 720/800 patches:
    - If you get a "device busy" error, then reboot your device; that is a well known, seemingly random bug
    - If you get only 600MHz, then that means the custom kernel failed to install. Did you forget to reboot your device after installation? Try uninstalling then reinstalling
    If you've liked my software, please consider to towards future development.

Developer of many apps such as: WebOS Quick Install, WebOS Theme Builder, Ipk Packager, Unified Diff Creator, Internalz Pro, ComicShelf HD, LED Torch, over 70 patches and more.

@JayCanuck @CanuckCoding Facebook
    I did the IPK install this morning for the 800mhz patch and mine seems to be working okay.
    Quote Originally Posted by NoSyMe View Post
    The video comparison isn't that great, is it?

I mean, the 800MhZ is like 0.5 to 1 sec faster in opening apps. thats nearly nothing.

Overall experience is the difference. .5 seconds 150 times a day is a lot of time wasted.
    Are bad people born that way? Or did something go terribly wrong?
    Global Posts
    51 Global Posts
    did the 720 ipk and it worked without any issues. Nice to be back up to speed!
Page 9 of 35 FirstFirst ... 456789101112131419 ... LastLast