features : write-through write-back read-alloc write-alloc
    size : 256 KB
    assoc : 8
    line length : 64
    sets : 512
    Cache LoC : 2
    Cache LoU : 1
    root@palm-webos-device:
    ok the only thing left to do is run web doctor . I don't know what's causing this issue with just these noob's in here lol but the doctor will help
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    Quote Originally Posted by caj2008 View Post
    in commandline (check after install and uninstall)

ls /var/home/root
    root@palm-webos-device: ls /var/home/root
    ockernel-bak.tar
    root@palm-webos-device:
    Krispy 521,

Do you see program listed in device manager of WOSQI?

I will be back in 15 min

Yes I see 800MHz Custom Kernel
    Krispy 521,

Do you see program listed in device manager of WOSQI?
    If so, uninstall file (power Pre off/on)
    try running WebOSDr
    I will be back in 20 min
    The doctor is going to take me a long time. My latested version is 1.4.0. I will do that tonight if that is determined to be the answer, but as a last resort.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadavis08 View Post
    ok the only thing left to do is run web doctor . I don't know what's causing this issue with just these noob's in here lol but the doctor will help
    come on....I don't want to be a noob.
    Doctoring was the first thing I did prior to attempting any of the IPK versions. I ran the 800.sh patch long ago. In suspense of the IPK version coming out, I removed the .sh patch and doctored my phone with the 1.4.1.1 webosdoctor.

This morning I attempted the IPK version on a 'clean phone'. I soon found out I was in the 600mghz club. I could not get the IPK to ever display 800mghz through double shutdowns/reboots etc.

A couple minutes ago I went back and reinstalled the .sh script with no issues. So I am running at 800 again... its just the old way.
    Global Posts
    329 Global Posts
    wow people need to learn to read
    That's kinda harsh. Do you realize how confusing it is trying to follow these threads? First the files are in beta, then they're made public, then problems are found and the file downloads are disabled, then they're made available again, then they're made unavailable again. And on top of all that, there are hundreds of posts regarding success and failures and multiple, interlaced questions where the answers are hard to find. It took me 2 weeks to figure out that people are posting status in post #1 in a thread. So now you know what I do? I read post #1 on every thread I want to follow to see if the status has changed and since no dates are posted next to the changed status, I don't know if the status is changed from the last time I read post #1 or if the change requires that I do something or what.

I know it's frustrating for the developers to have to field the same questions over and over when the answers can be found somewhere, but it's equally frustrating for we users. thorne
    I know the answer. @krispy

did by anychance you doctor to 1.2 and went STRAIGHT passing 1.3.1??

if you doctored 1.2 and jumped 1.3.1, you are missing files.

your only bet is to doctor back to 1.3.1 and then doctor again to 1.4.1..

1.3.1 added these 'special files' ; including USBPASS DIAG
    Quote Originally Posted by trim81 View Post
    I know the answer. @krispy

did by anychance you doctor to 1.2 and went STRAIGHT passing 1.3.1??

if you doctored 1.2 and jumped 1.3.1, you are missing files.

your only bet is to doctor back to 1.3.1 and then doctor again to 1.4.1..

1.3.1 added these 'special files' ; including USBPASS DIAG

The last time I doctored was the day that 1.4.1.1 was comming out. I doctored to 1.4.0. Then when the update was available I OTA'd 1.4.1.1.
    Quote Originally Posted by thornev View Post
    That's kinda harsh. Do you realize how confusing it is trying to follow these threads? First the files are in beta, then they're made public, then problems are found and the file downloads are disabled, then they're made available again, then they're made unavailable again. And on top of all that, there are hundreds of posts regarding success and failures and multiple, interlaced questions where the answers are hard to find. It took me 2 weeks to figure out that people are posting status in post #1 in a thread. So now you know what I do? I read post #1 on every thread I want to follow to see if the status has changed and since no dates are posted next to the changed status, I don't know if the status is changed from the last time I read post #1 or if the change requires that I do something or what.

I know it's frustrating for the developers to have to field the same questions over and over when the answers can be found somewhere, but it's equally frustrating for we users. thorne
    first of all I'm not being harsh but when someone askes a question that I answered two or three posts prior or just aove their post its kind of messed up don't ye think??
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    i cant get the ipk downloaded, can someone post a new link cause mediafire says its private and wont open it.......the 600 does but the 700 and 800 wont
    Quote Originally Posted by krispy521 View Post
    come on....I don't want to be a noob.
    its ok to be a noobe(u won't be for long) but its not ok to be a noobe that wants everyone to tell then what to did without having to read anything and learn for themselves. So I was not directing anything at anyone specific sorry if I offened you or anyone . It was not ment offend but was a leggit comment !
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    its ok to be a noobe(u won't be for long) but its not ok to be a noobe that wants everyone to tell then what to did without having to read anything and learn for themselves. So I was not directing anything at anyone specific sorry if I offened you or anyone . It was not ment offend but was a leggit comment !
    I've read this whole thread as it has progressed. So I guess I'm not the noob. I just wish this would work for me since I loved the .sh versions prior to 1.4.1.1
    go back to the other way of installing for now it still works just fine
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    ditto here to the comment about the 800 ipk not downloading and showing as private on mediafire. I still have .sh version installed, I just wanted to help testing by uninstaling it and using the ipk version for a while.
    go back to the other way of installing for now it still works just fine
    Ive gone back to the 720 .sh after trying the 720 ipk reboot x2 uninstall/install escapades.

Thanks to those that helped but something may be wrong with the ipk. Not really sure what else could be tried. old method works as usual, thanks!
    I tried to download the ipk version but is said it was private. How did you guys get it?
    Quote Originally Posted by coop041 View Post
    I tried to download the ipk version but is said it was private. How did you guys get it?
    Step 1: READ 1st page, 2nd post...IPK Doesn't work for most people right now
    Step 2: Install old method OR Wait for NEW ipk if you are new to process
    Step 3: READ the thread
    Step 4: Keep reading...Read before you post!
    My apologies. I am at work and unable to sit and read 10+ pages.

I will install the old way as I did before.
Page 8 of 35 FirstFirst ... 345678910111213 18 ... LastLast