Page 34 of 35 FirstFirst ... 2429303132333435 LastLast
    Originally Posted by TomD View Post
    I downloaded the SuperPreKernel App from the L337tech.com/webos/apps feed using Preware Alpha. When I installed the 800 mhz kernel my test shows 597.68 mhz. Uninstall back to stock and it shows 498.07 mhz.
    But the files in the link are:

xxx.superprekernelapp_1.4.2_all.ipk

and not 1.4.1.

Are they compatible to a german O2 1.41 webos, or do I have to search for "fixed" 1.4.1 files?

I have the same "600MHz" problem, tried it two times with the 1.4.1 files -installing running the app, uninstalling, restart, installing again- but I only get 600MHz.

Is there a fix for the 600MHz problem or can I use 1.4.2 instead of 1.4.1?
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    if you don't change the governor from userspace then LunaSysMgr will override your settings.

-- Rod

I did.

I set it to OnDemand and set the High to 800 and the Low to 250. I was getting 5 - 6 percent drain per hour and was slow and sluggish (even when it claimed to be at 800). I forced it to only run at 800 by setting the low that high. Still very sluggish. The battery drain went up to just under 10 percent per hour.

With this kernel, I can average *under* 1 percent drain (at idle) and is FAST when Uber was doing 6+ and slow.

Battery at idle with this kernel. I have Gmail *and* my work Exchange account set to "As Items Arrive" and my work mail is part of a tech support account which is in a *constant* state of getting mails.

P.S.
    No the battery life is not crazy or wrong. I have a heavy-duty battery in this phone *because* it's in a constant state of getting mails, but I can't stay tied to an outlet, or even my laptop.

M.
    Last edited by Xanadu73; 04/24/2010 at 11:08 AM.
    Global Posts
    447 Global Posts
    I had 800MHz Custom Kernel installed earlier. I uninstalled it and checked the current scaling freqn and it showed 500Mhz.

I installed the Uber-Kernel which was successfully installed. I am able to use it fine, with multiple different settings from govnah.

However, when I was checking list of installed packages, it still show 800MHz custom kernel as installed both in Preware and WOSQI.
    I tried to uninstall it, but it gives out an error.

Since Uber-Kenel installed successfully, I believe, my Pre had stock kernel tho' Preware/WOSQI reports 800MHz kernel as installed.

Is there a way I can remove it from the list/uninstall it without doctoring?

Thanks.
    thanks for this great instructions.
    Thanks so much this is a wonderful patch, much needed.
    awesome keep it up!
    i have followed the instructions as outlined above and in the videos, however, i keep receiving an error when trying to install the 800MHz .ipk file.

after clicking the + icon, i select the patch which i downloaded from the mediafire link (com.unixpsycho.webos141_800MHzKernel.ipk)

when i click the install button, this is the error i receive:

Clearing state_want and state_flag for pkg=com.unixpsycho.800mhzkernel.webos141 (arch_priority=0 flag=16 want=2)
    An error occured, return value: 4.
    Collected errors:
    Cannot find package com.unixpsycho.800mhzkernel.webos141.
    Check the spelling or perhaps run 'ipkg update'

am i doing something wrong?
    Global Posts
    13 Global Posts
    ...wait a day for Jason R. to get involved and everything works perfectly!
    it worked after installing preware and package manager! thanks!!
    It's the funniest thing, I've uninstalled the 720mhz, tested the phone to be at 500mhz again, installed the 800mhz patch, and webos qi says both are installed yet only 1 is, infact...I can't make the 720 or 800 disappear no matter what, yet uninstalling/installing does work as it should...just they never disappear. Cause for concern?
    Quote Originally Posted by ChilinMichael View Post
    It's the funniest thing, I've uninstalled the 720mhz, tested the phone to be at 500mhz again, installed the 800mhz patch, and webos qi says both are installed yet only 1 is, infact...I can't make the 720 or 800 disappear no matter what, yet uninstalling/installing does work as it should...just they never disappear. Cause for concern?
    no real cause for concern . but i would uninstall kernel and delete then reinstall both ipks for the kernel app. then reinstall
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    Problem is...it won't let me delete...unless there's some other way?
    how are you trying to delete . use webos QI to uninstall and delete
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    Yup..did that...I hit uninstall on either they just come back listed as there when I reboot. I've uninstalled both, checked that the phone was at 500mhz, it was...rebooted, still there, hit uninstall again...no matter what I do they show up but aren't actually working. Yet I can pick either, add to the list, install and they work fine. They just never come off the list...
    Yup..did that...I hit uninstall on either they just come back listed as there when I reboot. I've uninstalled both, checked that the phone was at 500mhz, it was...rebooted, still there, hit uninstall again...no matter what I do they show up but aren't actually working. Yet I can pick either, add to the list, install and they work fine. They just never come off the list...
    have you tried to use preware to uninstall both ? if not go into preware and then into installed list and into services and uninstall in there then into applications and uninstall in there
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    I ended up using Webos QI 2.9 and that worked perfectly...when I hit uninstall...it actually uninstalled. I hate to say this, but I'm liking WebOS QI 2.96 a LOT more than the new one...it actually does what it's told to.
    I ended up using Webos QI 2.9 and that worked perfectly...when I hit uninstall...it actually uninstalled. I hate to say this, but I'm liking WebOS QI 2.96 a LOT more than the new one...it actually does what it's told to.
    there is a brand new webos QI that just came out like two days ago that works great
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Has anyone seen the patch impact bluetooth? My Moto BT earpiece has a lot of static and very weak range after I update to the 800 patch?
    Quote Originally Posted by dlenos View Post
    Has anyone seen the patch impact bluetooth? My Moto BT earpiece has a lot of static and very weak range after I update to the 800 patch?
    We've heard from Palm engineers that one of the reasons why they don't run the Pre continuously at 600MHz is because it affects cellular reception - I expect there will be similar harmonics at various frequencies which will affect bluetooth.

-- Rod
    Thank you caj2008 and unixpsycho. You have made my Palm pre "experience" much more enjoyable.