Page 32 of 35 FirstFirst ... 22272829303132333435 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by originaljohnny View Post
    Hey caj... I just saw a tweet that the Palm webOS director has left his position. Perhaps they should hire you and make the phone completely open-source? Palm's stock is dropping like a rock ...
    I Second That.
    Quote Originally Posted by caj2008 View Post
    Super PreKernel App Video: Check it out
    Whilst we are flattered by the mention in the dedication section of this possibly-emmy-award-winning video, WebOS Internals cannot endorse the technical contents of the Super PreKernel App itself.

Our understanding is that it contains a 1.4.0 kernel which has not been recompiled since the release of the 1.4.1 kernel source code from Palm.

Marco (unixspycho) has analysed both the 1.4.0 and 1.4.1 kernel source code, and has found significant differences between 1.4.0 and 1.4.1 which are not immediately obvious from the outside without a detailed examination of the source code.

The 1.4.0 kernel contained in this app also does not comply with the 7 principles of kernel development and packaging that we have published at http://bit.ly/next-gen-kernels and does not contain the latest internal CPU temperature code (we have found differences of up to 12 degC between the internal CPU temperature sensor and the external battery temperature sensor which is currently in use by these first-generation overclocking solutions).

Whilst we do not believe that the kernel contained in this application will cause damage to anyone's device, we cannot endorse it's use. Of course, we respect the personal choice of any existing user to continue to use these first generation overclocking solutions.

We have created a unified 1.4.1 kernel which does comply with the 7 principles and does contain the internal CPU temperature functionality, and have offered this kernel to caj2008, but from this video it seems that our offer of what we believe to be a robust OTA-safe unified kernel has not been accepted.

All of the work that WebOS Internals is doing in kernel development is open source GPL licensed, and is available to any party for use. We hope that this application will be immediately upgraded by caj2008 and Number1Pete to use this next-generation unified kernel for the benefit of the community.

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    [QUOTE=caj2008;2392432]Super PreKernel App Video: Check it out

Salivating and waiting for the Super PreKernel App ... waiting .... waiting.

But very excited - thanks for all you've done to improve this great phone!!!
    Global Posts
    37 Global Posts
    i keep getting error when installing the 800mhz ipk
    see .jpg attachment
    it never installs. i reboot all the time and nothing seems to correct this
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Global Posts
    37 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by kenfly View Post
    i keep getting error when installing the 800mhz ipk
    see .jpg attachment
    it never installs. i reboot all the time and nothing seems to correct this
    i installed the device temp patch first then tried to install the kernal again and got no error message. seems to have fixed it
    Super PreKernel App Video: Check it out

You Tube Link:

Alternative You Tube Link:

Super Pre Kernel Video (wp4) Link: http://www.mediafire.com/?te2wuvmtnzv

Super Pre Kernel Video (wmv) Link: http://www.mediafire.com/?it3yjte0141
    WOW! that video came out good!

I'm impressed sir!

hope everyone enjoys the release of Super PreKernel!!

thanks,

number1pete
    Internet Radio - the best beats on the web

CPUScaling app L337Tech post

Super PreKernel app

If you appreciated any of my help, enjoy any of my apps that I give away for free, or want to see more development from me, think about making a donation. Thanks!
    There was to many pages to go through to find if someone has asked this.

Do i need to take off all of my OS patches?

I don't have any kernel or CPUScaler apps installed.
    Global Posts
    672 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ralphnader99857 View Post
    There was to many pages to go through to find if someone has asked this.

Do i need to take off all of my OS patches?

I don't have any kernel or CPUScaler apps installed.
    No, as long as none of the patches are CPU accelerators or scalers.
    Any eta on that? You guys are amazing. Will there be a paid version that includes scaling features and cpu info?
    Super PreKernel app is the bomb it makes everything that much easier imho , every speed in one simple little package it is just to sweet !!!! oh yeah im an alpha tester and been running it for like a weeek or two now with ZERO hiccups or bugs !!
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadavis08 View Post
    Super PreKernel app is the bomb it makes everything that much easier imho , every speed in one simple little package it is just to sweet !!!! oh yeah im an alpha tester and been running it for like a weeek or two now with ZERO hiccups or bugs !!
    So when will we be getting it shadavis08? sounds good!
    Quote Originally Posted by rush View Post
    So when will we be getting it shadavis08? sounds good!
    well unless something unfortunate happens it should be out tonight or tomorrow
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    Global Posts
    242 Global Posts
    Hi, How do I download and install the new 800MHZ ipk on a Verizon Pre Plus running 1.4? I've read through the beginning of these threads and followed the links but can't find the answer.

I still have the 800MHzOS14.sh file from before that I could install, but thought the new ipk might be better...
    Last edited by PreMium; 04/20/2010 at 11:01 PM.
    Question: I have the 720mhz kernel now on Verizon 1.4.0. Will I need to uninstall the 720mhz kernel before installing Super PreKernel and using it to install the 800mhz kernel?

Thanks!
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadavis08 View Post
    this ipk version is just alot easier to install and uninstall .
    What is the purpose of the 600mhz Luna patch? All this overclocking and scaling is starting to confuse me.
    Global Posts
    329 Global Posts
    That video is pretty funny. Oscar material? You guys are like a corporation - are we going to have bail you guys out if donations don't reach the mark? =:-) Fun stuff. I'm glad I decided to stick with Palm. thorne
    Global Posts
    242 Global Posts
    The sh files are out dated and the ipk is better install, so use it. Erase old sh files please
    Thanks for writing. Can you post a link to the ipk files? All I could find is this link that says OS 141

com.unixpsycho.webos141_800MHzKernel.ipk:
    Link:http://www.mediafire.com/?txtiqiymwo3

Also, will it work on a Verizon Pre Plus running 1.40?

Thanks!
    Last edited by PreMium; 04/20/2010 at 11:45 PM.
    is the cpu scaler ultimate included in the Superkernal? Thanks for all your hard work! Great video!
    *Patchers STILL make this phone Perfect!
    Palm Devices Currently Owned: Pre, Pre Plus, Pre 2, Pre 3, Pixi, Veer, Touchpads, and too many touchstones!
    So, I installed the 800 MHz patch on my Verizon Palm Pre Plus about a week and a half ago. Very easy install..great overall experience.

However, my phone runs very hot on the touchstone so I've decided to uninstall.

When I try to uninstall through WOSQI it doesn't bring the 800 MHz patch up under device management. The only evidence of the patch is the uninstall/install utility that appears as "unknown" in preware. When I check my CPU it still says 798.6 or something like that for the speed, so I know the patch is there. What do I do??

Thank you so much!
    Nevermind, I just used Super PreKernal to detect and uninstall the patch. Worked flawlessly!! This app makes installing and uninstalling these overclocking patches so easy...thank you!!!!