Page 31 of 35 FirstFirst ... 2126272829303132333435 LastLast
    I just got back on 800MHz and took me less than 5 minutes at most. Amazing how much cooler my phone runs. My next step may be to install the scaling app, in some ways I don't need it. I am mostly on the TS so throttling down to save battery is not important.
    Clie>Treo 600p> Treo 650p>Treo 755p>Treo 800w>Palm Pre
    can someone please upload the 800MHz patch some where else so I can download it to my pre

thanks I really would like this patch but I can't download from the links to my pre
    Quote Originally Posted by abansb View Post
    can someone please upload the 800MHz patch some where else so I can download it to my pre

thanks I really would like this patch but I can't download from the links to my pre
    no just wait till you have enough posts and read the directions first as well
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    I think I have anough posts and have read the directions 3 or 4 times and tried to download from allthe links to my pre for some reason I can't download ipk files to my pre unless they are zipped is there a patch or anything that will help this or something I can do to get it to download to the pre right now I don't have interent at home only on my pre

I have downloaded ipk's rapidshare but for some reason medifire won't let me download
    Just about to try, re-imaging my Pre currently. Hope it works! Thanks for all the work
    Please don't let the idiots deter you! I am sure most of us appreciate everything you do! Thanks again!
    I appreciate everything that they are doing to make the pre better
    Quote Originally Posted by caj2008 View Post
    As part of my dual public service role (lol), if you send me your email address by PM, I will personally send you the latest copies of the ipk's
    Do you need any kind of hosting so you can stop using those mediafire links? I don't mind mirroring them for you. If it's just a personal preference, then by all means
    Will the upcoming app be in Number1Pete's preware feed or a separate overclocking feed of yours?

Just curious where to keep my eyes peeled for it, thanks!
    @caj2008 I sent a pm didn't look like it went
    I have an error report here:

Bell 1.4.1, just doctored. No other patch has been installed.
    When trying to install com.unixpsycho.webos141_800MHzKernel.ipk in WQI 3.1

It prompts with the following error:

ERROR: An error occurred while attempting to install com.unixpsycho.webos141_800MHzKernel.ipk

** Message: serviceResponse Handling: 2, ("returnValue":true, "ticket":1, "subscribed":true)
    ** Message: serviceResponse Handling:2 , ("ticket":1, "status": "STARTING")
    I checked the frequency and it did not change after installing the patch (after manual device restart).

Any suggestions? Thanks!
    where are the links to download the IPk?
    Quote Originally Posted by caj2008 View Post
    I have had over 30,000 downloads without major issues on the site (all files). The only major issue appears to be with people under 10 posts which is by design by Dieter to reduce spam (they cant download links or see signature links I am told). Thanks for the offer, but kernel mods soon be offered in custom feed preware anyway. I will have a mirror for the upcoming app anyway. Only ipks will be downloadable from now on also (not .sh files due to installation difficulties associated with new users with this format)
    caj2008,

git.webos-internals.org Git - kernels/patches.git/blob - sensors/sensors_temp_omap34xx.patch is a new patch that WebOS Internals has developed for accessing the true internal OMAP CPU temperature sensor (as opposed to the temperature sensor in the battery which is being used currently, which we all know is quite distant thermally speaking from the CPU).

We've made the patch available under the GPL for all kernel developers to use for the safety of the community. We believe it should give a much better measurement of the true CPU temperature (but we will be very happy for you to employ your excellent formal testing protocols to determine the veracity of that).

Will you be adding that to the existing first-generation kernels so that CPU scaling app developers can use it now, or will you wait until the next-generation kernels ( http://bit.ly/next-gen-kernels ) are available? The WebOS Internals Uber-Kernel is currently available to be built from source code, and you're very welcome to do so if you wish to start testing it ...

What does everyone think? Should this important new feature be added to the 1st gen kernels?

-- Rod
    Last edited by rwhitby; 04/19/2010 at 03:09 AM.
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    Thanks for all your hard work. The cooperation between all the developers is amazing. I sent a donation to WebOS last week. I'll send you one as soon as I get 10 posts, as I can't view your donate button at this time.
    Hi everyone. I am using the ipk and started the installation. It's been at the "Please wait..." installation dialog box for about 30 minutes now. I am still able to use the pre while this dialog screen is up. What should I do?

I have a Verizon palm pre plus at 1.40 and was trying to install the 800MHz kernel.

Thanks
    how long should you wait after a trip to the dr before installing this??? i had it installed before the dr visit and want to put it back on asap. have it in airplane mode cooling down after all of my apps finished loading and the phone is done syncing.
    thanks
    Last edited by graffix31; 04/19/2010 at 11:19 AM.
    I downloaded the latest ipk package and that solved my issue. Thanks!
    Quote Originally Posted by chancekang View Post
    I have an error report here:

Bell 1.4.1, just doctored. No other patch has been installed.
    When trying to install com.unixpsycho.webos141_800MHzKernel.ipk in WQI 3.1

It prompts with the following error:

I checked the frequency and it did not change after installing the patch (after manual device restart).

Any suggestions? Thanks!
    Ok, for future reference, this can be solved by installing the gnu patch. Thanks.
    Hey caj... I just saw a tweet that the Palm webOS director has left his position. Perhaps they should hire you and make the phone completely open-source? Palm's stock is dropping like a rock ...
    I am having issue downloading the program. I can download it but once I attempt to launch the program it says that the file can't be found. I am doing something wrong. Can someone help me out so I too can benefit from faster app launching with my pre